ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By JUICE
#242819 so..

drove the car up to the store yesterday, no problems whatsoever. went back out to the car about an hour later to start it up to pull it into the garage and it wont start.

was getting no noise from the fuel pump and the CEL was staying on (checked CEL and got no blinks or anything) so i figured it was my main relay. had a spare that's been bouncing around in my glovebox for a couple years so i swapped it out..

first key turn got same thing. second time it kicked on the pump, CEL went away and she started up as normal. turned the car off and tried again and nothing. tried a few repeated times getting nothing then all of a sudden it kicked on like normal..

went back out today and got nothing till the 5th or 6th try and started the car once it did work. let it warm up for about 20 mins then shut it off. now i'm getting nothing..

should i go get a new relay or could this be the ECU or fuel pump?? any ideas??
Last edited by JUICE on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JUICE
#242838 popped the cover off and don't see anything wrong.. :?

does the car only use the main relay to start? I'd imagine the car would shut off if you unplugged it while running, right?? would the car shut off it 'failed' while running??
By suspendedHatch
#242941 Yeah the relay stays energized while driving but that is super easy for a relay to do. When they go bad they cause your car not to start intermittently. They almost never cause a stall.

If you put your hand on the relay while turning the key you can feel whether it clicks or not. If it doesn't click but the relay itself is good, then it means it's not getting signal from the ECU or it has a bad ground.

All the early main relays are crap. It can be very difficult to see the bad solder joint. You can either get one from a 94+ Civic or Integra or take yours and heat up the solder joints with a solder gun.
By JUICE
#243034 well, i guess we can rule out the main relay. said fuck it and picked one up on the way home. plugged it in and same thing :(

it's definitely clicking when i turn the key but still no fuel pump noise and the CEL just stays on and won't throw out a code. the fuel pump is a practically brand new walbro 255..

bad pump?? ECU problem?? bad ground/connection?? HELP!!!
By Punksz6
#243035 Ur ICM in ur Dizzy proabably died!? Check for spark and see.Maybe the coil? Let us know? Hope that helps?
By JUICE
#243037 decided to try my stock, known to be good P75 and BINGO everything works like normal... so i guess my chipped P06 is fried? could it be just the chip that's bad??

i have no clue what i'm lookin at here...
can someone tell me where the 'chip' is located at in here?
By JUICE
#243137 Took the ECU out to Blundar this morning and he confirmed something is fried in th ECU itself. Gave him my P75 to chip, should have it back this weekend and will be good to go!
By nicholasong
JUICE wrote:Took the ECU out to Blundar this morning and he confirmed something is fried in th ECU itself. Gave him my P75 to chip, should have it back this weekend and will be good to go!

Bro, my buddy here recently came across the same problem like yours. every morning needs to wait 20mins b4 the cel went off and starts the car. Pls share what's the faulty parts that need to be replaced on the ECU. Thanks.
By civic 808
#248110 Replace the electrolytic capacitors on the ECU (7 from the picture) take it to your favorite electronic geek or a repair store and have them replace all 7 of the electrolytic capacitors. :D

Aloha
By Eg6H2D
JUICE wrote:decided to try my stock, known to be good P75 and BINGO everything works like normal... so i guess my chipped P06 is fried? could it be just the chip that's bad??

i have no clue what i'm lookin at here...
can someone tell me where the 'chip' is located at in here?

HONDATA FTW!!! :thumb: