ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By cjw_89
#240529 So i finally got my car on the road.It has a b18b1 in it. P75 ecu. Jdm cluster which i wired a dimmer to. Everything is all good till i go to start it. Now i know my starter is getting bad sometime i have to flick the key 2 maybe more times to engange the starter to strt the vehicle.

Anyways here is my problems. When i go to start the car it dosen't wind over as good as what it should.Second when i am parked or driving and touch my brake my headlights flicker for a millisecond along with my interior light if on and climate control lights(car running of course)
Last edited by cjw_89 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By cjw_89
#240533 Help!!
By cjw_89
#241080 they say alternator but no battery light flicks.The car doesn't die when i remove the terminal. I do know before i baught the car buddy replaced the main relay with another. Could the main relay be acting up to give me the flickering problem :oops:
By suspendedHatch
#242022 That's not the main relay. The main relay is just a switch that either works or doesn't.

Have the battery tested.

Don't test your alternator that way. You can cause damage to everything electrical in the car that way. It also isn't conclusive. Use a multimeter.
By kagedws6
#242091 have you checked your terminals for corrosion? also check your ground cable and where it connects to the frame as mine had come loose causing the same situation. what threw me off at first was it would act like a dead/dying battery yet when I hooked a battery charger to it it read full. I had checked the wires but not where it connected to the frame until I saw a small spark out of the corner of my eye tightened it down and issue resolved. I plan on adding a grounding block to it as well to make sure when I add any future upgrades that put any strain on the electrical system everything is grounded correctly.