ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By andyc
#239525 I had been told by asianrob that the wiring should be there already in my EG3 DX Hatch. I just wanted to see if anyone knows for certain that has added a 3rd brake light so I know whether or not ill need to hardwire it in before I get started.

I picked up an SiR II one piece spoiler with LED brake light :hehe:
By deschlong
#239884 No clue if these are pre-wired in UK EGs - I'm curious too. I know that later-year hatch models had a EDM LED spoiler as an option, so it's possible it's there. Why not check? It's 10 minutes to look and confirm.
By andyc
#239894 I know, im being lazy :lol:

its just the 4 bolts right? plus the hose...
By deschlong
#239895 PLus the wire for the brake light. 8)
By JUICE
#239896 i didn't know they came without them.. the US made it mandatory in like 1985 that all cars have to be produced with a 3rd brake light
By deschlong
#239899 All right andy, get out there and have a look-see ;)
By andyc
#239986 OK guys, im gonna rip it off tonight, ill let you know!
By deschlong
#241023 I hate waiting ........ :wink:
By andyc
#241083 lol, I finally got my ass in gear today to get some civic geek time in... Im gettin my SiR II spoiler ready for fitting, just need to laquer it and had a look under the DX spoiler and there it is. UK DX's are pre wired for 3rd brake light :D

saves me a ballache of a job

By asianrob
#241131 told you :lol:
By andyc
#241193 cheers rob :thumb:
By andyc
#241202 Done :thumb:

By asianrob
#241236 looks good!
By andyc
#241257 I love this look, well happy :) its as far as I would take it spoiler wise, duckbills are too big for me... I just need to do my inside brake lights and ill be gettin somewhere