ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By epicdrifting
#237362 hey imma noob at this but
I've been to every honda sight and still nothing. :thumbdown:
i just switched out my cluster on my 92 hatch. the lights dont turn on.
only the climate control and the srs, engine, seatbelt etc.

ive checked all fuses and wires. even tried the red to black thing it didnt work. also the speedometer doesnt climb the temp gas and rpm work.
how do i check if the speed sensor works.

any help would be apprectiated
By teal_dx
epicdrifting wrote:hey imma noob at this but
I've been to every honda sight and still nothing. :thumbdown:
i just switched out my cluster on my 92 hatch. the lights dont turn on.
only the climate control and the srs, engine, seatbelt etc.

ive checked all fuses and wires. even tried the red to black thing it didnt work. also the speedometer doesnt climb the temp gas and rpm work.
how do i check if the speed sensor works.

any help would be apprectiated

First, try swapping cluster bulbs to be sure the bulbs aren't burned out.

Code: Select alleven tried the red to black thing it didnt work

what's that? connecting +12v and ground to cause a short? That can do some damage...

If all these problems didn't start until you swapped in your new cluster, I'd say the cluster is bad. If the VSS (speed sensor) was bad, you may get a check engine light. Or it's on the top back corner of the tranny of you want to take a look at it for any problems. Honda clusters are fickle as well as VSS and the wiring, So check them closely,
By epicdrifting
#239361 yeah imma buy new bulbs tommorow and check it out. if not then idk what it could be.

as for the speed sensor i figured that the connections are like super eroted so imma buy a new one hopefully it'll fix that
By LaosToaster
#246994 the connecting of the red to the black thing, did u mean connecting the wires from the dimmer switch, 3 wires on the dimmer switch and connect 2 of the 3, i forgot which wires though.

sorry i kno old thread