ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By B20vtec-turbo
#237030 Here's my question....

My b series is running in my EG right now, all obd1. I recently purchased a 97 Civic EK with a 99 conversion,obd2. I want to use my obd1 engine harness and sub harness all the way to my ecu, using my p28. Is there a jumper or a way I can just move pins around at the point where my engine harness connects to the dash harness?
By B20vtec-turbo
#237070 Very cool website! But they charge $600 for a custom harness... I was thinking more along the lines of a ecu jumper, BUT on the other end of the harness...
By d-mon
#237101 the obd2 civic harnesses go all the way into the cabin and connect directly to the ecu.
just use the harness thats already in the car. you have to extend and switch some connectors to match the obd1 sensors on the motor. some you won't need.
By B20vtec-turbo
d-mon wrote:the obd2 civic harnesses go all the way into the cabin and connect directly to the ecu.
just use the harness thats already in the car. you have to extend and switch some connectors to match the obd1 sensors on the motor. some you won't need.

The shell I bought didn't come with the engine harness...So I'm in the market for an obd2 harness now. Prolly order one from ebay!
By Gunni
#238080 u can use the 0bd1 harness in the ek if u swap all off it . but it is allot of repining and wire work depending on what components u are using , electric windows, sunroof e.c.t

i do not reconmend this unless u have allot of time to waste ..
By B20vtec-turbo
Gunni wrote:u can use the 0bd1 harness in the ek if u swap all off it . but it is allot of repining and wire work depending on what components u are using , electric windows, sunroof e.c.t

i do not reconmend this unless u have allot of time to waste ..

Everything I have is obd1,dizzy,alt,harness,hondata s300 p28. Just the car isn't. You are correct, it does have electric windows,sunroof ect...The only repining I'll have to do it on the plug where the engine harness connects to the dash harness, right?
By Gunni
#238374 if only it was that easy, u have to pin the doors and heater controls to eg harness for example.
By asianrob
#238408 most likely what you will have to do or easiest i see it

99-00 Si harness
dizzy conversion harness (or repin the harness)
OBD2A (or B which ever) to OBD1 conversion harness.

why would you have to repin the stuff for the windows and shit?
By Gunni
#238465 if he is planing on using the obd1 harness , he has to swap all of it, meaning main harness, all of it, and eg and ek main harness does not have the same pinout for the doors and shit.
By asianrob
Gunni wrote:if he is planing on using the obd1 harness , he has to swap all of it, meaning main harness, all of it, and eg and ek main harness does not have the same pinout for the doors and shit.

but wouldnt it be easier since the obd2 engine harness and just get jumper harness for the ECu and distributor? the obd2 harness goes into the cabin while the obd1 harness goes to the shock tower.

i dont think you can use the obd1 engine harness on an obd2 car since the obd2 harness goes into the cabin.

i never heard or seen anyone repin it for the windows and what not to work since that harness is a completely separate harness...
By Gunni
#238623 hehe yes it would be easier but thats not what he is asking about. i have done this in a few cars, and used different kind of harnesses spliced together . main reason for i do this is i live on a dumb dot in the middle of the Atlantic ocean and a 50 dollar jumper harness is a 600 dollar jumper harness in my hands, so i dont care if i have to drill two hols in the firewall to route the harness trough it.
By asianrob
Gunni wrote:hehe yes it would be easier but thats not what he is asking about. i have done this in a few cars, and used different kind of harnesses spliced together . main reason for i do this is i live on a dumb dot in the middle of the Atlantic ocean and a 50 dollar jumper harness is a 600 dollar jumper harness in my hands, so i dont care if i have to drill two hols in the firewall to route the harness trough it.

damn 600 dollars!!! they robbin you good!! i can understand that! but this guy is here in the us where its decently cheap and can pick a used one up for 25 bucks lol.
By B20vtec-turbo
#238671 Thanks for all the advice but it looks like I'm going to keep the EG, so this thread can be deleted... Thanks again!