ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By ImThaBean
#234893 Does anyone have a link/scan of the map light wiring for a vigor? I need to know where/what the wires are that come out of the map light. its 4 wires instead of the standard 2 hot/ground.

I have a project in mind for the hatch but need some clarification on the Vigor wiring.
By deschlong
#241012 Hah - just found a Vigor at a wreckers recently. Aren't there tweeters up there too? Also, I believe the map light is a 3-position switch - meaning it can also light up with the doors when open if desired. I presume the wiring will be +12v, door open wire, front left spkr, front rt spkr.
By ImThaBean
#241016 Yes. Im trying to make a poor mans Gathers set up. I want to run wire from the rear speakers to the tweeters.

As far as the wires go. It's 8 total. +/- for each tweeter then 4 wires for the map lights. I've tried a few combinations and nothing seems to work with the dome power. I was able to get the lights to come on but it was constant. No door, on/off, or even the switches had any affect. Theybwere either one or not at all.
By deschlong
#241017 oh right - of course the speakers will take two wires each (duh - brain fart there). I'll see what I can do about digging up a wiring diagram.
By deschlong
#241018 PS You will need the correct bracket to support the light and tweeters. These can't be just hung off the headliner. In a fortunate turn of events, I have the exact bracket you need. :hehe:
By deschlong
#241021 Christ you can't attach files on this forum??? Get out of the dark ages. I have your wiring diagram as a PDF for you from the Vigor.
By deschlong
#241022 PPS you ever install your DRLs??! Been almost a year now!! :D :D :D