ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By vinylguy
#231048 heh my second post here and another simple question.

I recently bought to civics, one DX and one LX. The DX came with a ricey HUGE tach, the LX has a really nice cluster, with stock tach. :)

I went to perform the switch thinking that it would just plug in, but I found a snag. There are 4 plugs on the back of the LX, 2 large side plugs, 1 Yellow SRS harness, and a Green harness. The DX lacks the Green harness.

My question... Can I cut the LX's green harness, and wire it to the RPM sensor wire from the autometer, wire the power and ground and plug her into the LX cluster?

P.S. The post about LED's and gauge cluster mods... That worked like a friggin charm! :) thanks!
By Ajax1989
#231049 the green plug is for your cruse control, its not needed
By vinylguy
#231054 SO... its plug and play? like i can run outside right now and switch it out and disregard the green plug? WOOT! NO MORE 5" Monster TACH/Lamp!
By asianrob
vinylguy wrote:SO... its plug and play? like i can run outside right now and switch it out and disregard the green plug? WOOT! NO MORE 5" Monster TACH/Lamp!

it is plug and play.

green plug is cruise and yellow is SRS.
By vinylguy
#231151 thanks for the help fellas. gonna swap the LED's into the LX cluster and remove that ugly monster tach. WOOT!