ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By LaosToaster
#229245 my fuse keeps blowing up when i try to connect a wire to my aftermarket steering wheel from the horn relay plug that has constant 12v. i dont have my SRS thats why im connecting it this way. i need my horn to work for inspection.

i kno its not my stop lights, or stop light switches cuz i remembered they worked fine when i had to fix it.

could it be the wire size i used to connect from the horn relay plug to the steering wheel? cuz i used a pretty fat wire, like speaker wires. should i go smaller?

im using this method: http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1926111
By Ajax1989
#229246 are your horn wires touching?
if so they can blow out the fuse
By LaosToaster
#229249 im not sure what u mean by that but i think i have a short sumwhere. my fuse blows even without having the horn plugged in. imma have to do some digging in the wires.

EDIT: when i have my horn hooked up. and then when i make the connection from the horn relay plug to the back of the hub aftermarket steering wheel the wires make a spark and thats when my fuse blows. im thinking im using wires that are too big. thats all i can think of and the short. :(
By 95c1v1c
#229462 I would look at the horn you got out of the junkyard in your other post, might be full of water. You need to take it out and connect it straight to the battery briefly to make sure it works. If the horn works that way, I would check your wires around the horn to make sure they are not chaffing on the frame in any way...also would not use speaker wire for this, ensure all wires are either spliced with sauder and heatshrink (preferred), or crimped with those plastic connectors. Any twisting with electrical tape is bad cause you can have a stray wire touch the frame causing what is going on with your horn. check that all wires are routed properly, make double sure you have the correct connections coming out of and going into the relay! Check new horn, check wiring.
By LaosToaster
#230554 so it turns out i didnt have any bad connections or shorts. that method i used on the link i posted doesnt even work, at least for me. i did it another way, i just used the 4 wire plug SRS plug wire that hooks up the top right of the fuse panel, which has the horn wiring in it. all i did was hook that line up to my back hub of my steering wheel with some clip to have constant contact. very simple. i should take some pics to show. and my horn wasnt defective at all.