ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By hatchie
#228426 ok so i picked up a set of power folding mirrors and gunna install em but i was wondering if anybody knew if there was a way to hook em up to the alarm so when u lock the car they fold in and when u unlock the fold out?
By Ecc0
#228498 Wow thats a real nice idea, I would imagine you could take the power/switch source from the central locking motor's as these are not to far from that location.

I don't know enough about the in's and out's to tell you how though but this should work for your desired result.

Good luck and let us know how you get on with this.
By hatchie
#228522 See I was thinking the locks but the doors lock again when u turn the key on so the might fold in when yo start the car
By Eg6H2D
#228527 u have to disable that turn key lock feature from the alarm. what alarm do you have?
So ur best bet is the door locks to make the mirrors fold in. that's how it's always done. just depends on ur alarm system if u can change the in car door lock feature.
By Ajax1989
#228528 i hate you

/thread

lol jk
i was thinking the same thing when ever i get my pf mirrors

nd you can do a diy too :D
By RPGonzos_EJ
#228530 Not sure how the switch works for the power folding mirrors, but if its a momentary switch most alarms have a lead wire that produces a momentary power surge to trigger any accessory devices.

Now granted sometimes these have to be programmed to be active, i know mine was like that.

That would only work for a momentary switch though.
By hatchie
#228564 Its just a push on push off switch and it stays in one posittion ...it not like our climate control buttons where it gets stuck in
By Gustavo
#228588 Make a DIY on this. I would like 2 do this in the future.
By suspendedHatch
#228702 Lock and Unlock are two separate wires. You could do this no problem. They're a momentary negative pulse, low current, so you'd need some relays. You'd wire the relays to reverse polarity or latch, whatever it is the mirrors need.

Is it an aftermarket alarm or OEM?

I would need a circuit diagram for the folding mirrors. Or have them here with me. Usually I can get the diagram but not for something purely JDM like that.

I don't suppose you'd pay two way shipping on them? I love electrical puzzles like this.
By hatchie
suspendedHatch wrote:Lock and Unlock are two separate wires. You could do this no problem. They're a momentary negative pulse, low current, so you'd need some relays. You'd wire the relays to reverse polarity or latch, whatever it is the mirrors need.

Is it an aftermarket alarm or OEM?

I would need a circuit diagram for the folding mirrors. Or have them here with me. Usually I can get the diagram but not for something purely JDM like that.

I don't suppose you'd pay two way shipping on them? I love electrical puzzles like this.

Ok so first off the alarm is aftermarket. I can get the diagram no problem...and also im still learning on electrical so you'd maybe have to clarify more on the relay setup and reverse polarity.

And Nah that'd be alot in shipping as far as a small project like this

http://www.honda-tech.com/attachment.ph ... 1272430268
Last edited by hatchie on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By hatchie
#228740 Oh and forgot to make sure to tell u that the alarm locks my doors when I turn the ignition key...would that matter as far as wiring cuz I don't need them to fold in once I turn th key lol that'd be pointless
By 1995db7
#228743 i had set a while back that did not come with relay or switch so i found this online Image and had them set up to close when i turned the car off and open when the car was started,hope it helps you.
By hatchie
#228744 Sick still wanna see if I can keep oem but yes this helps alot and I wanna try and keep the button functional too
By Honda4life
#228754 Please do a DIY on this if you figure it out. I have power folding mirrors as well on my hatch and wanted to do the same thing.
By hatchie
#229596 Sooooo anybody got updates on ideas for wiring