ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By suspendedHatch
#229719 Personally I'd have them fold up when you arm the alarm or press the OEM button, and unfold while the ignition is on.

Do you have a DEI alarm (Viper/Clifford/Python)?

According to that diagram, the mirrors are reversing polarity. Reversing the polarity folds them up and normal polarity extends them out. Start by wiring them up OEM, then you can add in functionality to your alarm with a couple relays.

I could draw the diagram if I had some good pictures of the mirrors and the OEM wiring. Or the OEM diagram itself.
By hatchie
#229721 Oem diagram is posted already and ill take pix of mirrors
By 1995db7
suspendedHatch wrote:Personally I'd have them fold up when you arm the alarm or press the OEM button, and unfold while the ignition is on.

Do you have a DEI alarm (Viper/Clifford/Python)?

According to that diagram, the mirrors are reversing polarity. Reversing the polarity folds them up and normal polarity extends them out. Start by wiring them up OEM, then you can add in functionality to your alarm with a couple relays.

I could draw the diagram if I had some good pictures of the mirrors and the OEM wiring. Or the OEM diagram itself.

the oem wiring is the same as regular ex mirrors up down left right, exept the jdm ones have the 2 extra wires to open and close,thats why i used the diagram i posted cause i needed to reverse the polarity since i didn't get the oem switch or relay for the mirrors
By suspendedHatch
#229856 That's not the OEM diagram but I have enough info now to draw you up a diagram depending on how you want it to work.

Do you want it to fold up with alarm arm and then unfold whenever the ignition is on?

Which alarm do you have?
By hatchie
suspendedHatch wrote:That's not the OEM diagram but I have enough info now to draw you up a diagram depending on how you want it to work.

Do you want it to fold up with alarm arm and then unfold whenever the ignition is on?

Which alarm do you have?

Yes that'd be perfect and I still want to be able to use the button as well...if possible and ill pm u?!
By ImThaBean
#229877 1995db7- so, if I see yoru diagram right, if I got some power mirrors I can just buy 3 12v relays and wire everything up that easy? are you tempting me right now?
By suspendedHatch
hatchie wrote:Yes that'd be perfect and I still want to be able to use the button as well...if possible and ill pm u?!

Yeah for that I need the factory diagram.

What are the wire colors coming off the switch?
By 1995db7
ImThaBean wrote:1995db7- so, if I see yoru diagram right, if I got some power mirrors I can just buy 3 12v relays and wire everything up that easy? are you tempting me right now?

yes sir that's how i had them wire up to the ignition,when the car was off the mirrors were closed and vise versa..
By hatchie
suspendedHatch wrote:
hatchie wrote:Yes that'd be perfect and I still want to be able to use the button as well...if possible and ill pm u?!

Yeah for that I need the factory diagram.

What are the wire colors coming off the switch?

Oh that's Wat u mean by factory diagram and they are from left to right

Black,black/yellow,blue/green,yellow/red,yellow,blue/black,yellow/black,blue/yellow
By deschlong
#231244 ^ I'm glad to see you guys are making use of my PFHM wiring diagram :)

I also posted on HT the OEM/HELMS wiring diagrams for the EK mirrors. 96-97 EK mirrors use the same relay as 92-95 so the wiring might be similar. In fact, they indicate a diode inside the retracting actuator which I did not know about. 98-00 use no relay at all. Everything's in Spanish though, .... sorry. :?
By hatchie
#231254 Yes it helping just need to still figure out my wiring to alarm
By hatchie
#232918 Any update on this? Jw no rush ..I called my alarm company and they offer an expander that offers a momentary output?