ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By drew_ej2_owner
#227213 hey guys i got a problem in my 95 ex ... right now i have a factory radio in it.. now everytime i turn off my car, and start it back up.. it asks for the security code.(im really tired of typin in the code and having to set my radio stations up everytime.) and my dash clock resets as well.. anybody know why? :cry:
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#227216 I had this problem with my aftermarket deck. My clock was resetting itself as well. When I had everything correctly connected the radio would not work at all. I had to run a line from one of the 12v constant terminals in the fuse box under the dash to the 12 constant on the back of the unit and the clock. It took me all of 15 minutes, but I like to think I'm pretty good with this stuff. If I'm not mistaken the clocks 12v constant line is the whit with blue stripe and the radios is red/yellow or red/white. If I'm wrong with these colors someone please let me know, I'm boing from memory only right now.

Edit: is this a common problem in our cars? I have read other posts about this somewhere. I wonder if losing the 12v constant affects anything else? Hmmmmm.......
By Ajax1989
#227233 i have this problem too for my deck and clock

what i did was hook a power wire from the fuse block under the dash to the white/blue wire of the clock and then to the my deck which is yellow cuz its aftermarket

i believe the stock stereo wire is white/blue as well not 100% sure
By drew_ej2_owner
#227262 thanks guys but im not realy tryna rig anything man. i want my car to be done correctly. any other suggestions
By Ajax1989
drew_ej2_owner wrote:thanks guys but im not realy tryna rig anything man. i want my car to be done correctly. any other suggestions

rewire it, maybe the wire got pinched or something
By deschlong
#227268 Holy smokes - you guys ever think to check any of your fuses? OP, try the 7.5A one in your under-HOOD fuse box. MIght be blown. Replace it with another 7.5A one ... don't cheap out and put some other rated one in there! THat's how you start fires.
By Ajax1989
deschlong wrote:Holy smokes - you guys ever think to check any of your fuses? OP, try the 7.5A one in your under-HOOD fuse box. MIght be blown. Replace it with another 7.5A one ... don't cheap out and put some other rated one in there! THat's how you start fires.

yeah every single fuse in my car is good
and i still had to do this
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#227321 i checked all the ones under the dash. ill check under the hood today
By suspendedHatch
#227443 If it was the fuse then the radio wouldn't work at all.

It sounds like your constant 12v wire (yes, the white/blue) is behaving like an accessory 12v. Both the clock and the stereo are on that same wire but not in series (along with your ECU memory). How that would happen is anyone's guess.

Is any of the wiring around your fuse box altered?
By drew_ej2_owner
deschlong wrote:Holy smokes - you guys ever think to check any of your fuses? OP, try the 7.5A one in your under-HOOD fuse box. MIght be blown. Replace it with another 7.5A one ... don't cheap out and put some other rated one in there! THat's how you start fires.

you was right boss. the "back-up" fuse was blown, soyeppp problem solveddd!!! thanks bro