ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By JohnAWESOME
#225211 When I bought my hatch the speedo just sat at 20 all the time. I have taken it out and resoldered all the points on the back. Next time I drove it it started working like 10mins into my drive till i turned it off and never again. Last week I took it out and desoldered all the points and then resoldered all of them. Last two days it will start working like 10 to 15 mins into my commute. Any ideas?
By CMDeOro
#225214 Its possible that the point in the cluster are being burnt out. to much amperage being drawn. you probably need to replace the cluster.
By OleFolk
#225216 It could also be your speed sensor going bad
Its underneath the transmission
By JohnAWESOME
#225224 I know where the VSS is on the top of the tranny is there a second one?
By 95c1v1c
#225996 One way to check to see is try to set your cruise control...if it won't set its the speeed sensor, if it sets good then...its your cluster. Um...gotta have cruise control first. I had that problem for a while...re-soldered the points and still happened. I ended up getting some of that dielectric contact grease after I used an eraser to remove buildup where the speedo screws down to the main cluster. After it was all clean, I carefully dabbed it on all the spots the gold channels connected. Everythings been great for over a year and a half.
By JohnAWESOME
#226039 Ok sweet I will try to put electrical connector grease on. Also I have been watching it and it starts working at a consistent distance from home and from work. It's weird