ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By JdmJin
#223237 So im lost and confused on what might be the problem with my civic hatch, When i start it in 3 on the ignition it starts, but as you let the key go to its normal state at 2nd position the car stops, I hear the fuel filter coming on at the 3rd position, but it does not come on during the 2nd, and im assuming thats while its stopping, it doesint stop like its out of gas (slowly i mean) it just completely stops as fast as possible, i changed my fuel filter and main relay, they seem to be ok.

So any help or ideas on this?
By DanK422
#223247 Happened to me not to long ago. Turned out to be the electrical side of the ignition switch. Would turn the key, let go, and it died. Might want to check that out.
By JdmJin
#223256 What did you do to fix it? and did the car die immediately? or die out like no gas is getting to it? mine just dies immediately.
By JdmJin
#223276 So in doing a fun amount of research, i have concluded that i have a faulty ignition switch, If you think you might have this problem (your car dies right after starting) This video might help you diagnose what you might have---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydoAG0X9GY4

And this is how you might go about fixing the problem! --

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126038

I opened up my ignition and cleaned all my contacts, removed my backing wires and re-soldered them back on and everything seems to be running, saved myself 50$ ;)
By DanK422
#223338 It actually started to happen on the freeway. I had to play with the key to get it to stay on. Finally died on me as I pulled into my driveway. Playing with the key gave me the clue as to what was going on.
Glad I could point you in the right direction and get it fixed.
By JdmJin
#223369 Yeah was an amazingly easy fix, it was the first fix on my civic that i had the parts for w/o buying anything, feels great to finally have tools stockpiled lol
By DanK422
#223371 I hear you. It's always good to have a stockpile of tools and such. Glad you got it fixed.