ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Swamp_thing
#222071 Since Ive had my civic,none of my dash lights work when you turn the parking lights on,the gauges,and climate do not light up,but the rest o fmy dash lights do.Does,or has any1 else had this problem?
By EJ1-danny
#222135 I have this same problem in my si my dash and climate control don't turn on but my sensors turn on I changed my dimmer switch it didn't fix it occasionally the dash will turn on but when I hit a bump on the road it turns off so I think it a loose connection :?
By chilango41
Swamp_thing wrote:Since Ive had my civic,none of my dash lights work when you turn the parking lights on,the gauges,and climate do not light up,but the rest o fmy dash lights do.Does,or has any1 else had this problem?

Did you check the fuses already?
Under the steering column and I think theres another fuse for those lights in the fuse box under the hood. Or maybe that's just for the head unit.

EJ1-danny
Maybe you just have a bad ground :thumb:
By Swamp_thing
#222321 Ive checked all the fuses...My lights only work when they want to also...I dont kno wut it can be...My friend hadthe same problem,n he saidhe replced his wiring for the gauges...I dont really want to do tht
By GhostBoyHiro
#222744 i had dis problem about 2 weeks ago and to me i think it was due 2 my audio system den when i took it out of my car n popped out the dimmer switch n disconnected it n plugged it back up later on that night going home from work i turned on my headlights n my dash n climate controls all lit up i was so happy, but i did take some of the advice,i checked everything i have read in recent forums n it worked for me.
By eg_turbo_hatch
#222900 if its your dimmer switch theres a few things you can do
you can unplug the dimmer swith and cut the 2 outside wires on the plug there should only be three and connect them together
or you can run a jumper wire between the 2 so you dont have to cut anything

thats if the dimmer switch is bad if its a lose ground i would guess that it is the single ground wire behind the cluster it comes lose pretty easy

or it could be bad bulbs you know these cars are over 15 years old lol

or fuses
By Eg6H2D
eg_turbo_hatch wrote:if its your dimmer switch theres a few things you can do
you can unplug the dimmer swith and cut the 2 outside wires on the plug there should only be three and connect them together
or you can run a jumper wire between the 2 so you dont have to cut anything

thats if the dimmer switch is bad if its a lose ground i would guess that it is the single ground wire behind the cluster it comes lose pretty easy

or it could be bad bulbs you know these cars are over 15 years old lol

or fuses

IM trying to fix this for Ej1Danny. which wire is the gorund wire behind the cluster??..
By Swamp_thing
#223148 K,thnx for the help guys,im gonna pull my cluster out 2mrw after wrk,and check all the wires,and the dimmer switch,ill b sure to keep you guys informed..and again,thnx for the help :) .
By Swamp_thing
#227264 Well,I finally got around to fixing my dash lights....I pulled out the dimmer switch,disconnected it,and reconnected it,and it WORKS :D Thank god it was just a loose connection...Thanks for your help guys
By JohnAWESOME
#232579 Hey I have no cluster or climate control lights also but mine happened after I did an LED relighting for the gauges. One of my leds burnt up and melted down. I am going to check the ground and dimmer to see if that fixes it. All of the other connections I have looked at look fine so here is to hoping that it works