ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Coplies
suspendedHatch wrote:Well that's a crappy way of wiring it up (no offense to the OP). Here is how you should do it.

Connect your buzzer's positive wire to the white option plug. Connect your buzzer's negative wire to the orange option plug on the far right. You connect wires to these option outputs using a female spade connector aka quick disconnect commonly used for speaker connections.

This is what I did but i used a "chime" not a "buzzer" and it has 3 wires. One that went to the white option plug, one to the orange option plug and a third that was just for ground. It worked perfectly but the annoying thing is that as soon as you take the key out it starts beeping. However, the stock chime on my dad's 97 civic doesn't start the beeping until the drivers door is opened. So, I moved the ground wire so that it is tapped into the ground wire coming down from the dome light. This perfects it so that the chime only sound when the lights are on but the car is off and when the door is open.
By gtstripes
#211780 my civic came with it.. everytime i leave my lights on and open driver door a loud beep goes off!! i turn off my light just to shut it up haha same with when i turn car on and not put seatbelt on it goes off >:( haha
By kapow
#214546 That's strange, my civic is a Aus model too and it came standard with the buzzer
By gtstripes
#214683 i know, right? must be an aussie thing. LOL we may have the highest flat battery rate in the world so it comes standard with us lol
By Eg6H2D
projecthonda wrote:
this will help you "not to forget that your parklight is turned on" when you leave your car

One thing you'll need:
1. 12V Buzzer, you can buy it very cheap in a local electrical shop

Steps:
1. Connect the (+) of the 12V buzzer to 10A parklight fuse
2. Connect the (-) of the buzzer to any device that doesnt work while IGN (ignition) is off, e.g. wiper fuse
3. Test it!

it should buzz when the parklight is turned on while the ignition key is off..

***from our local forum :)

Is it a 12v transducer buzzer?.
By SLOW92CX
#218375 hmmm... are there different buzzers in the car? haha
when i open my door wile the key is sitting in the ignition, it goes ding ding ding ding....... until i pull out the key or shut the door.
but when i leave my headlights on (not with key in ignition), there is no sound telling me they are on. lol.
so my original question, are there different buzzers in these cars?

i like this idea. i have only had this car for a couple weeks and i already had to get jumped 5 times. im to used to my other cars beeping at me.
By OleFolk
#218641 So you connect the buzzer to fuses that have nothing to do with lights and somehow the buzzer knows when the lights are on.... :?

Im going to do this tomorrow im just confused right now
Its almost 1am and im on Civic-eg.com :shock:
By OleFolk
#218675 Yep it worked thanks much :D
By suspendedHatch
#219514 Slow92CX, there is a buzzer in the black box on the back of the under dash fuse box. There is no other buzzer. The driver's side seat belt latch has a switch on it that activates it. You'll see the wire harness under the seat. This is considered a safety feature and affects the federal safety rating. There is no connection from the head light circuit to the buzzer. This would have been a convenience feature and Honda didn't deem it worth the cost for their economy cars.

Ole Folk, that output on the fuse box is a positive parking light output.
By RyVcZ
#224720 quick question.. do our EG's have built in buzzers that we just have to wire em up to have em sound?
By deschlong
#231255 ^ No, to add an OEM headlight chime with OEM seat belt chime you need to use my DIY HERE.