ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By RWMIII
EGg OH! wrote:My car is throwing three codes. The one I'm a bit curious about is the first, It's simply one long flash then it goes on to the other codes, is this a 1 or 10?
I just want to be sure, there's quite big difference between an O2 sensor and an Intake Air Temp sensor. :)

It is a 10 since it is one long flash, if it were just a short one then it would be a 1. It is the lowest number on the totem pole, thats why it is first. The codes will be shown in sequential number order. :thumb:

edit:fixed typo
Last edited by RWMIII on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
By breez
RWMIII wrote:
EGg OH! wrote:My car is throwing three codes. The one I'm a bit curious about is the first, It's simply one long flash then it goes on to the other codes, is this a 1 or 10?
I just want to be sure, there's quite big difference between an O2 sensor and an Intake Air Temp sensor. :)

one long flash = 10
By 92civic_vx
#279303 i have been having a problem with my hatch, it doesnt happen all the time but when i try to take off i give it gas and it starts to bog down and sputters. i checked for codes and not sure if it is a code 1 and 10 or or. i get one long flash 5 sec then one short flash. then it starts over again with 5 sec between everytime.
By Whodini187
#302895 Ok I know this is an old post but I can't take it anymore. I have a 92 si and can't find the cel plug anywhere. It is def. not where the ecu is & I don't see it anywhere. Anyone have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. My cel came on once awhile ago when I ran it low on oil & went into vtec. It wasn't on the next time I started the car, do P28's store codes? Thanks guys.
By Whodini187
#303569 Anyone? Lol...
By Marks95Sedan
#311661 My 95 lx eg8 d15b7 auto.. The check engine light only comes on when i go 70 to 80 and faster. Then i shut it off. Jump the two wiers and no cel light comes on, just when frist turning the key to on. Then after that i would drive it right to get good gas mileg. And no cel light would come on.
One thing to Note is i just started having a hard time starting my car. bad connection. The battery is in the trunk but its been in the trunk for over a couple years.

And sometimes the idel jumps up and down gast

Any help plz. Thanks.. [/img]
By JohnRM
#321055 I started following this guide and I got confused because I was getting more than one set of blinks. Can someone help me out? I'll post a link below of what I'm getting.

P.s. please ignore the people talking!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ5D1PLK0ds
By kapow
JohnRM wrote:I started following this guide and I got confused because I was getting more than one set of blinks. Can someone help me out? I'll post a link below of what I'm getting.

P.s. please ignore the people talking!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ5D1PLK0ds

You have codes 9 and 17 which is cylinder sensor and VSS speed sensor
By JohnRM
#321106 Thanks for the reply! I understand how to read the CEL now.