ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By RottenEg6
#198753 Theft! Apparently the robber wanted the windshield wiper stick...
Anyway to get a new one or somehow get my wipers to work temporarily??
Driving in the fog with no wipers is scary :(
By chilango41
#198784 just go get some new ones at autozone
RainX Latitude FTW :thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#198871 If you mean the arm and not the blade then yes of course you can go to the junkyard and pull one off. Pop the cover off and you'll see the nut.
By Carfanatic
#198900 i removed mine a week ago,

Wax your window, and the rain just flys offffffffffff 8)
By RottenEg6
#198941 Yeah the arm itself is missing.. ]:

It should be opposite to the blinker/headlight arm right?

For now waxing the window is easiest I guess??

Thanks!!!
By fitimio
Carfanatic wrote:i removed mine a week ago,

Wax your window, and the rain just flys offffffffffff 8)

I bought my car with wiper motor delete. Any tips for me? Should I use rain x, or something different that will last longer. Whats your take on this?
By fitimio
teal_dx wrote:I like rain-x but I think all civics had windshield wipers from the factory.

True, but the dude i bought my civic from removed the motors and everything. I don't know if he removed the wiring too... So do you have experience with rain x? Or should i go to the junk yard and try to rebuild my wipers? lol
By teal_dx
#304132 Rain-x is good, I have it on all my vehicles. It makes a bigger difference on vehicles with older windshields I think... more very tiny imperfections that get filled in.
I'd still get a wiper motor assembly though. It's easy to install, just remove the plastic cowl cover. Hopefully the wiring harness is still there!
By asianrob
#304259 hold on. did they take the wiper arms? or did they physically break into your car and take the wiper stalks? seems like in an earlier post you mention something about being on the opposite side of the headlights/ blinkers.

if thats the case yes. easier to remove the steering wheel and just get the whole thing. put it. not hard. just time a little time consuming