K20 & K24
By Matt.M
#99596 Well, I have spent A LOT of time looking for options for an engine swap for my new(to me) EG hatch. I looked, thought, planned, and then suddenly I'm on my way home around 3AM and pass a wreck on my road with a 04 Honda Element.

I stopped to see if everything was all right because the lights were still on, and to make a long story short....the guy was my uncle, and he offered to sell me his engine for $600. It's a K24A4 with intake manifold, exhaust manifold, all sensor and wiring harness (but its cut).Fuel rail, throttle body etc with ORIGINAL papers.

I'm still doing my research up on this engine and what I'll need for a swap, but I figured I could post here to maybe get even more answers. I'm just wanting to know what else I'll need for a swap, and if the engine would even fit in the car nicely. I'm pretty sure the transmission was an automatic, so I'm looking up the cost for a 5 speed tranny, but what else would I need? How nice would it be in a EG hatch?
By hondajunkee
#99597 it takes alot, I'm also looking at a K24a4 swap, my friend has a motor sitting in his garage that he wants 350 for but then i got to looking at the other parts needed.

mainly looking to do the k24block with the k20 head, one reason is because if you use the k24 head you have to use a hammer and make room for it, but using the k20 head there is room.

but between tranny, mounts, axles, wiring, Kpro, shifter box, shift linkage, exhaust, intake your looking at a few grand
By chrono404
#99598 the K24a4 Block wont take a Performance vtec K20A/A2 head. The pistons stick up to much. If you use the K24a4 you will need different pistons and/or not go with the performance vtec K20a/a2 head.

k20a.org has tons of info on the swap. I did quite a bit of research into this swap/engine hybrid.
By hondajunkee
chrono404 wrote:the K24a4 Block wont take a Performance vtec K20A/A2 head. The pistons stick up to much. If you use the K24a4 you will need different pistons and/or not go with the performance vtec K20a/a2 head.

k20a.org has tons of info on the swap. I did quite a bit of research into this swap/engine hybrid.

What about an A1 block? or are they the same?
By chrono404
#99600 The A1 (CRV) the A2 (TSX) blocks will work just fine.

the A4 (Accord/Element) Wont work with the Performance Vtec head.

If you get a K24a2 (tsx) theres no real point in getting a K20a1/a2 head swap. as the K24a2 already has the Performance vtec head.
By hondajunkee
#99601 nice the one my friend has for sale is an A1 from a crv

oh, my bad on the Image
By chrono404
#99602 For the OP. You Will need the Following:

>- K20/K24 EG Mounts from Hasport
>- Cable Shifter from 94-98 Accord
>- Wiring Conversion Harnesses, or Both Diagrams if you want to do it yourself, I would recommend the harness myself.
>- 5/6Speed tranny. get the 6speed out of the RSX Type-S Cheaper then the Type-R and still awesome. If you are going to BOOOOOSST then the 5 Speed from the Accord will make more since as the lower gear rations will just mean constant wheel spin anyways. Save some Cash as well.
>- Engine and Battery Harnesses
>- Cable Throttle body, You dont want the Throttle by Wire Version.
>- ECU From Element
>- Custom or DC Exhaust header.
>- Short Ram/Air Intake
>- Axles
>- Warm place to have your car sit for a weekend or two during the swap. Especially if its your first swap.

If you want more info on any of the above hit up K20a.org. Thats where I got all of my Info. I love the K Swap, However my pockets dont go deep enough to finance my way into one.

600 bucks is definitely a good price for everything. If i got that deal I would grab it asap. You can always piece the swap and leave the parts in your garage until you swap it in. Or decide to flip the stuff and buy another swap.

Just keep in mind that even though you will be a Kswapped eg, you wont be stupid fast. B20vtecs will still take you down. Well Tuned Turbo and Nitrous D's will also take you down. I know as my Nitrous D16 has taken a few K-swaped eg's down. You will have much more room to expand. But you might be able to sell the K swap and make more power and be faster then if you K-swapped. Just something to keep in mind.
By IM SO JDM
#158517 im in the process of trying to do this swap too im gettin my hands on the same motor k24a4. if anyone can help on this swap hit up my thread. but as far as the motor goes im just getting the long block so far i found somethings that i need to complete it. as for example i found axels for my EG, K20 K20a K24 Conversion Harness, 92-95 Civic 94-01 Integra K Series Avid mounts, JDM K24 ( ACCORD ) 5SPD TRANSMISSION, stocc k24 ecu with reflash-K. to me this swaps seems really complicated and some what confusing i think i need to do more research on this.