K20 & K24
By speeeedfreak
#72750 I just got an EG civic hatchback. I would like focus my money to the engine for now, even if the exterior is sucky. I was checking out H-Motors Online and they have alot of engines to choose from. I know I am going to swap out the stock engine, but I can't decide between a B-series or K-Series. I also am not sure if I should just buy the block instead of the whole shabang for now. I was planning on getting an RSX 6 speed transmission, and a K-series but looking at the prices I just can't decide. The car would not be a dd so I don't have to worry about fuel economy. Any help or recommendations would be great as this is my first civic. Thanks, and I didn't mean to ramble on like an idiot. :?
By ChicagoMike
#72762 What would you like out of the car?? Do you plan on dragging it, auto-xing it, or what??

How deep are your pockets, and how fast do you want to go??

Give us some idea on what you'd like out of the car, and maybe we'll be able to get you going in the right direction. :thumb:
By teal_dx
#72765 If you go with the K (I would if I could afford it), check out K20tuned and see what kind of deal that can get you.

http://civic-eg.com/viewforum.php?f=67
By speeeedfreak
#72802 I would drag the car in the future, but I know it will take time and money to get to the numbers I would like to see out of the car. Right now if I could get the car in to the 300whp range i would be satisfied. I have a pretty steady flow of cash coming in and have lots of time, as I am planning to do the wrenching myself along with the help of a couple buddies. I researched these series of engines and it seems you can get these numbers out of most of them....
By King-K
#83232 If your trying to get 300whp on all motor your not doing it with any b or d, so I'm guesing that k is what your looking for.

And for 300whp your gonna need bank, and you won't be able to do it on a 2.0 block.

Unless you do k20a, a2. Z1 turbo, then you'll be around the 400whp range.
By k24inmyek
#216914 You CAN get 300 whp all motor from a b series easily, my brother has a b20v boared to 2.1 pushing 315 whp...
By poorman type-r
#216915 Everyone thinks the K series can do more than a B series, but the fastest B series hatch can run a 8.5 @ 176mph. Haven't heard of a k series doing this. Just saying even with all motor bored and stroked b20v I know you can push these numbers. 16:1 comp would surely do the trick. Lol :thumb: