K20 & K24
By 92dxeg
#343807 guys whats the specs of a jdm k24a like hp tq ect ect for some reason they can be had for very cheaply buy me.. Is it like a k24a1,a4 ? a base k24. does it have performance vtec let me no any impute would be all some thanks guys
By 92dxeg
#343845 i am almost positive it comes with 3 lobes on each cam its got 198 hp and 175 tq
By Jameseg
JUICE wrote:Yea I don't think any of the 24's come with the performance vtec head

The K24a2 has i-VTEC as well as VTC. This is your best option for a K24 engine IMHO. The internals were made stronger in order to cope with the higher redline and unlike other K24 engines, the crankshaft girdle is slightly thicker than those in the K20's. Get the 2006 and up engine if you can. They have a 1 mm larger intake valves and a higher-lift duration intake camshaft that is better than most Type R camshafts. They also have stronger connecting rods and additional oil passages within the block.
By CopyLifted
#355477 If the head and intake are stamped RBB, then yes, it is the equivalent of the USDM TSX k24a2.