K20 & K24
By 92civicEGsedan
#328889 Me and a friend is into an argument about kswap with 6 speed he says it can't be done unless you take a chunk out of the fire wall is that true or not
By stubrun
#328891 only thing that needs removing iirc is the gearbox mount on the chassis. i think to put a k20 in an ef civic the firewall will need a 'tap'
By 92civicEGsedan
#328905 Alright thanks I knew he was wrong but he did a k swap with a friend a couple of years back so he thinks he knows it all
By stubrun
#328955 if he had to 'modify' the firewall he was doing something wrong lol
By 92civicEGsedan
#328965 Yeah it had me worried cause I found a k20a2 for $300 and I'm trying to get it before its gone even though its probably trashed but I could probably build it up cheaper then then buying a running one then and building it up
By stubrun
92civicEGsedan wrote:Yeah it had me worried cause I found a k20a2 for $300 and I'm trying to get it before its gone even though its probably trashed but I could probably build it up cheaper then then buying a running one then and building it up

if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.......
they go for £1000 plus over here
By 92civicEGsedan
stubrun wrote:
92civicEGsedan wrote:Yeah it had me worried cause I found a k20a2 for $300 and I'm trying to get it before its gone even though its probably trashed but I could probably build it up cheaper then then buying a running one then and building it up

if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.......
they go for £1000 plus over here

If it is oh well $300 is a good k20 furniture piece for my room till it could be rebuilt and yeah it's like $1500+ where I live
By Eg6H2D
#328971 Also with EK chassis i believe the rear mount bracket hits the Steering rack so an EG rack will need to be swapped in.

:thumb:
By 92civicEGsedan
Eg6H2D wrote:Also with EK chassis i believe the rear mount bracket hits the Steering rack so an EG rack will need to be swapped in.

I hate EKs they are just so ugly to me EGs FTW!
By stubrun
92civicEGsedan wrote:
Eg6H2D wrote:Also with EK chassis i believe the rear mount bracket hits the Steering rack so an EG rack will need to be swapped in.

exactly
By 92civicEGsedan
stubrun wrote:
92civicEGsedan wrote:

exactly

My uncle got a ek coupe today so yeah let the hate begin haha :thumb: