K20 & K24
By kylenjdm93
#324599 the K23 is a turbo charged k series engine Honda put in production into the rdx.

its an awd auto trans no other k series transmissions will bolt up to it without some sort of adapter plate, the engine itself has differently shaped water ports and the cylinder head is not swappable to any other k series engine without needing to be re drilled as far as head bolt location, and water passages and oil passages..

also, they relocated the oil filter to a bad position that clearing it with an axel would be near impossible on most sought after Honda chassis...

:thumbdown: to the k23 from Honda..

you however, could use the turbo and manifold if you found one cheap enough being that the engine is no longer in production of its short lived life of a few years it will be more cost effective to purchase a brand name turbo kit such as full race or greddy.

many k series engines are better for n/a power as they have better timing control then any other engine in the market period

here are some pics of trying a k20 trans on the k23 block

HONDA SURE PULLED A MICROSOFT WITH THIS K23 TURBO BUINSESS, get us all wet for a turbo k engine from factory.. and alas! no fitment with other k toys

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
By Apexracing
#324607 i'm sure someone will produce a mount plate for it. Wonder if kpro would even work with this?
By kylenjdm93
#324610 if not you could run the aem engine management system. and of course someone will make an adapter plate for it, we can install a j engine into a s2k, and a k24 into a s2k..

just doubt its worth the time or money for it. relocate the oil filter, no problem. but k23? why not just turbo the k24 as a replacement? hell turbo a k20 instead?

k23 bore and stroke : 86mm x 99mm

k24 bore and stroke : 87mm x 99mm

just don't see the point.
By Apexracing
kylenjdm93 wrote:if not you could run the aem engine management system. and of course someone will make an adapter plate for it, we can install a j engine into a s2k, and a k24 into a s2k..

just doubt its worth the time or money for it. relocate the oil filter, no problem. but k23? why not just turbo the k24 as a replacement? hell turbo a k20 instead?

k23 bore and stroke : 86mm x 99mm

k24 bore and stroke : 87mm x 99mm

just don't see the point.

me either but your the one that posted the engine lol, i'm just making convo. Boosted a3's make good numbers as well.
By kylenjdm93
#324619 this is true, I posted this up cause ive seen some questions and thoughts being thrown around the idea of a k23 swap. not so hot..

I see you love your ep3 k20a3.

yea they are pretty good for boost.

a lot of the k20 power plants are good for boost, not all k24's are though. shitty oil pressure. accord and crv's
By kylenjdm93
#324621 dude, too bad your all the way on the other side of the states it would be fun to swap parts and thoughts, although shipping is an idea lol
By Apexracing
kylenjdm93 wrote:dude, too bad your all the way on the other side of the states it would be fun to swap parts and thoughts, although shipping is an idea lol

Hahaha nah i hate the a3, Its a good little motor dont get me wrong, and its got 209k on it and going. But i want to swap it. I have a k24a2 in the garage with 15k miles on it. But were struggling with bills due to my daughters health so i'm trying to sell it. If my taxes are good though i will either keep it or trade it to a good body guy i know for body work.
By kylenjdm93
#325786 either way works, i know some guys upgrading to the k24 from the k20 to get into the 10's, the k20 with a 4piston 165 cnc port job, massive cams, and 12.5 comp pistons with decent header and intake can get you 11.5 seconds in the quarter

k24 with the same head will give you 10 seconds... lol

with better fuel and itb's you can get near 10 seconds with weight reduction of course and itbs on a k20

seen it done in person in portland!

so is that displacement really worth it?

but of course im talking drag racing haha!

for a street car im sticking with my k20a R as long as i can till the drag bug bites me in the ass then ill be building the crap out of a k24...

plus you have the a3... the a3 doesnt do the other 2.0 k's any justice....

good luck with the bills i feel ya there!