K20 & K24
By kylenjdm93
#328993 ct-engineering has the 5-6lb 3.6" pulley, and the 7-8lb 3.15" pulley

they are 109.00 each :thumb:

I got a great deal on some pistons and rods for the rsx, so bumping up the compression ratio will be better for power in this slow turd...

I posted earlier the original owner of the car put the charger on in 07

he replaced the pistons with lower compression pistons he said out of the k20a3, 9.8:1, wow! what a bummer! no wonder this thing is slow, I did however....

put a boroscope down this things head and yep sure as shit they are k20a3 pistons...

why did he do this? his tuner in Oregon told him this is best for boost.

:eh: :eh:

were going to throw in some 12.5:1 since I have them in my k20a r eg coupe and I plan to supercharge it also :twisted:

get a great tune done and a decently powered rsx we will have.
By ohDirka
kylenjdm93 wrote:why did he do this? his tuner in Oregon told him this is best for boost.

Misconception. I was always told lower compression was better until I really got into how motors work. I think its just one of those rumors that everyone tells but they don't really know the concepts. But lower compression would be safer right?
By kylenjdm93
#329839 it doesn't really matter, take a look at the new Honda tuning, granted these guys are stricktly drag racing, non the less, they are running high compression if we say that 10.5:1 is the middle for compression... not high not low

you can cram 30psi, into a engine with 12.5:1 comp with a sleeved block and the right tuner, and other goodies such as cams, valves, rods, ported head, big intake manifold to contain all that, plus the proper amount of fuel needed and achieve a reliable 800+ whp and massive torque

with low comp pistons the torque curve is so low, this is because your not forcing that piston down as fast as you would with a higher compression as the high comp pistons have less room for air when it fires

I got to go to an apt with my wife but I will continue this when I get back