K20 & K24
By kylenjdm93
#324482 check this sh** out...

today I worked on my buddys 2002 acura rsx type s k20a2 with comptech supercharger kit

hes been having idle problems, and no vtec actuating...

I told him to buy the car as hes never had a k before and like I say "once you go k you never go back"

here are some photos of what was done today and what he has as his set up.

ill go into detail about the power potential of the k20 over k24 with a charger after the pictures...

AFTER I PULLED THE CHARGER OUT

LOOK WHAT I FOUND REPLACING THE SECONDARY OXYGEN SENSOR

(ABOVE PHOTO... LOOK AT THE BOTTOM O2 SENSOR CONNECTOR, THE WIRES WERE JUST HANGING THERE NO WONDER IT THREW A CODE..)

YEP genuine 100% real ARC intake box

Image[IMG]

I want a 5 lug conversion on my eg for these bad boys

By kylenjdm93
#324483 the k20 is an impressive engine for boost, im partial to an engine with a damn near perfect rod/piston ratio

k20 has rod / piston ratio of 86mm by 86mm

k24 has rod / piston ratio of 87mm by 99mm

when your rod length and piston bore are the same or close to within 25% you have the ability to produce good power numbers while reducing cylinder wall wear

the harder you run your engine and the higher you rev it, the more wear.

this is why I favor the k20 over the k24

but again its all about personal preference and your power goals.
By Apexracing
kylenjdm93 wrote:the k20 is an impressive engine for boost, im partial to an engine with a damn near perfect rod/piston ratio

k20 has rod / piston ratio of 86mm by 86mm

k24 has rod / piston ratio of 87mm by 99mm

when your rod length and piston bore are the same or close to within 25% you have the ability to produce good power numbers while reducing cylinder wall wear

the harder you run your engine and the higher you rev it, the more wear.

this is why I favor the k20 over the k24

but again its all about personal preference and your power goals.

But the k24a2 makes power earlier due to the torque. Its not meant to be a high rpm motor. More of a bottom end to mid range motor. (If there is such a thing for a honda hahaha)
By kylenjdm93
#324774 Hopefully somebody chimes in today I'm dredding today going to see the annoying bitch sister in law miss I'm so perfect but I smell like fish..... But hey I'm picking up a log of chew I should be alright.....

Lol
By teal_dx
#324785 I love a higher revving motor in a light weight car like the EG. Either a K20 or K24 would be an awesome swap but hearing a K20a2 scream is one thing that I miss with a K24a2.

Has that DC5 been dyno'd? I'm curious what kind of #'s that setup is pushing out. :thumb:
By kylenjdm93
#324805 He's pushing 358 hp not sure how acurate it is being that it has gen1 kpro from comptech as they have a tune they throw on all ecus when you buy a charger with them.
As a engine slowly dies the charger does less obviously so you can have an almost factory tune with a charger and push it hard all day long with minimal problems.

As with a turbo you can't controll everything like a charger no boost lag, no boost spikes bla bla bla less parts too
By kylenjdm93
#328872 It's not bad, slow as Fuuuuuu even with the charger I'm going to mod his 310 cc injectors to 530cc soon, upgrade the pulley and throes the other basenap from ft on his kpro and then go get it tuned up in Seattle hopefully it pulls harder we may need some other parts too like a set of pistons to raise the comp a little more than it us
By Trix
#328879 shit run that K20 all motor, or drop some ITBs on it, but me personally i like the high revs, and all motor civics/tegs
By kylenjdm93
Trix wrote:shit run that K20 all motor, or drop some ITBs on it, but me personally i like the high revs, and all motor civics/tegs

I agree with you there, but the ct engineering charger is nothing like a turbo

you can still have all the high revs like N/A, however like any engine you decide to rev high and keep climbing up the power band you have to take steps in order to achieve this goal

chris will have to purchase cams, valve springs and retainers, port work on the head, port work on the charger, and a better header.

he already has a toda timing chain and tensioner, so no worries with chain stretch what so ever...

not many people do research correctly. meaning....
people do not simply call up the company who manufactures and sells these parts.

the guys at ct-engineering tell us they designed the charger around full utilization of stock logic, meaning you use both o2 sensors in closed loop and use a catylitic converter.

they are c.a.r.b. legal and 50 state legal in the u.s.

he likes the feeling of boost. I don't blame him, every type s rsx ive drove or ridden in that's N/A is slow as balls...

NOS is cheap at first but expensive when you blow your engine....

the charger is a way for him to get ahead of the game he bought the car for 6k, the charger itself with the kpro is around 4500

I know its a steal... lol
By bigpunn421
#328899 idle problems are like any honda. iacv is a bug one
By kylenjdm93
bigpunn421 wrote:idle problems are like any honda. iacv is a bug one

what does this have to do with an 02 rsx with ct charger?

and the k series engines do not have that problem with a good iac valve.

I ran my car to my dads house on low water, damn thing kept cool and no idle surging either... ha! thanks Honda for the k series engine!

lol

I didn't believe the guys at hybrid about my griffin radiator so I had to try it myself
By bigpunn421
kylenjdm93 wrote:check this sh** out...

today I worked on my buddys 2002 acura rsx type s k20a2 with comptech supercharger kit

ummm idle problems? thats why i said that.

i know more about the k than you do
By kylenjdm93
bigpunn421 wrote:
kylenjdm93 wrote:check this sh** out...

ummm idle problems? thats why i said that.

i know more about the k than you do

That's interesting....

I know more about the k than you do

Then why is my status k series guru and yours is not?
By kylenjdm93
#328932 ya it had "idle problem" my buddy thought it was idleing bad, but the reality is that its the surge all cars have when idleing running ac, headlights, and system... subs pull a lot of amps so surging is normal