K20 & K24
By Gunni
#335481 most of our crv are 2.0 and this one is (im in europe) :)
By kylenjdm93
Gunni wrote:most of our crv are 2.0 and this one is (im in europe) :)

really? I am unaware of what is in Europe, sorry lol

at any rate you will have a hard time starting a 2.4 with a 2.0 ecu, doesn't put enough fuel in the engine when cranking / running anyway

expect it to run funny if you use the 2.0 ecu
By Gunni
#335641 i need to get my own fact's rigth.. it has a k24A3 not 4
By kylenjdm93
Gunni wrote:i need to get my own fact's rigth.. it has a k24A3 not 4

the compression of that engine is 10.5:1, makes 185hp with 160ftlbs of torque @ 4500rpm, not bad actually,

the k24a3 is better than the k24a4 and k24a1 in my opinion, it should have an oil cooler were the filter is, also, it has oil squirters in the block!

perfect candidate for a k24a3/k20a conversion, try finding a k24a2 head out of a tsx or a k20a out of an rsx type s / type r

the k24a3 has watered down vtec, but for driving around it will be quicker than a b16 or b18c by far, plus k swaps look so sexy

as a whole, not a bad buy!

I feel like Europe received the short stick from Honda of Japan over here in the US we have access to unlimited heads, blocks, and parts to mix and match with

I say, keep the k24a3, down the road source a true vtec head, and kpro, put them together and have a beast!

let me know when you are ready to do the conversion ill help you along the way, I will make sure i have access to my laptop at work and guide you through the process.
By Gunni
#335764 "doble post"
Last edited by Gunni on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Gunni
#335766 thanx allot mate.. will do

my most concern is the ecu since i planed using the stock one for starters.. its code is RBB if i got this right , and i cant find a replacement here.

second is doing the wire harness, i have the "know how" but need the "how to"

and you are right we (in iceland at least) got the shortest straw of them all, most people here think honda only makes civic, accord and lawnmowers... :eh:
By kylenjdm93
#335778 How to, find it on hybrid racing . Com ill post the link up tonight when I get home.

What chasis is it going in? My eg had some fuel pump issues that took me a week to solve ill give you the skinny on that also,

And lastly is your car automatic? Or manual the difference is 6 wires and the clutch pedal assemblies no biggie ill hook you up friend :thumb:

And anybody else wanting to do the swap for that matter :thumb:

Don't waste money at a shop when you can do it yourself!

Teal are you paying me for this lol j/k
By 92civic_vx
#355218 are all k series clutch forks the same? i have a 04 accord daily that i think the fork may have bent but cant find one at local yard. cant find a good pic of it to try to compare before buying new one.
By kylenjdm93
92civic_vx wrote:are all k series clutch forks the same? i have a 04 accord daily that i think the fork may have bent but cant find one at local yard. cant find a good pic of it to try to compare before buying new one.

its 48 bux man

dont cheap out and buy used parts, assuming you are doing the labor, may as well buy a new one and go from there.

dont confuse a worn clutch for a bent clutch fork either.

its worth it to pull the pressure plate off and look at the clutch disc, both sides mind you!!!!

heres the link man.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... E+%28L4%29

its #2

[/img]
By 92civic_vx
#355228 had the throw out bearing seize and destroy PP. so i put a stage 2 kit with lightweight flywheel in all was great for 3k miles then pedal popped (lost half pressure) and acted the same as before. so i got a oe clutch kit with master, everything installed bled out but still stuck in N when running. push clutch pedal in and have no pressure for half way then great pressure but it wont dis engauge fully. while changing MC i found my clutch pedal assy broken from the welds so i welded it back before installing. getting :x at this thing.
By kylenjdm93
92civic_vx wrote:had the throw out bearing seize and destroy PP. so i put a stage 2 kit with lightweight flywheel in all was great for 3k miles then pedal popped (lost half pressure) and acted the same as before. so i got a oe clutch kit with master, everything installed bled out but still stuck in N when running. push clutch pedal in and have no pressure for half way then great pressure but it wont dis engauge fully. while changing MC i found my clutch pedal assy broken from the welds so i welded it back before installing. getting :x at this thing.

DAMN!

sounds like a huge pain!

for 48 bucks, i cannot complain, since you can weld, i would stitch weld the new piece for added strength on the back side of it and inside of it, mark it with a sharpie first so you know were you can weld and were you need clearances.

good luck!