K20 & K24
By 92_eghatch
#323972 So im in a predicament... i'm still planning on a k swap. Still love the eg chassis, BUT.... i owned a 96 teg gsr at one point and i loved it as well.
So....my question is this: is there a comparable increase in power between a k swapped teg and eg? I know the teg weighs more than an eg hatch, but that's all i know.

Any opinions or facts on the matter?

Thanks.
By blk92hb
#323973 i dont thik there is a real big difference. but if you got a eg might as well use it
By nd1983
#323974 the EG will be quick in a straight line and the teg stock would be better in the corners with the K swap.

now if you budget is 7k for motor and all the parts install, and you already have the EG, theres gonna be money that you won't have to spend on a teg shell.

at the same time, if you get a 96 or new teg its already OBD2 so there is less wiring.

If it was me. EG with a K would be a fun sleeper. then do up a damn nice suspension and you would have a good all around car.
By 92_eghatch
#324000 Hmmmmmm. As much as i like the eg hatchies i think i might go with a teg. It's already OBD2 wiring so....i wouldn't have as much to do. I already planned on doing a mild build on the engine so....the weight increase between the two chassis wouldn't be too much of an issue.
...but.... then again, i do like the small compact size of the eg so it wouod be like a rocket ship on wheels....lol
By kylenjdm93
#324031 on a kswap if your theory is being that its obd2 so its a straight swap clearly you have never done one, or done the research....

here is a list of electricle parts you will need for either chasis regardless of obd verision

under dash harness
mounts
axels
radiator relocation (if you want to spend less money)

I completely pulled my eg bay harness out, just ran the wires for the lights and blinkers....

there is no other engine like a K

I personally own a k20a type r swap, that's built for all motor mind you 310hp.....

ive owned turbo b16, turbo d16, h2b, b20/vtec turbo, ls/vtec turbo.

nothing compares to the exceleration of a K swap

yes they are expensive but isn't being a baller just as expensive?

you will spend the same amount of money making a b go fast as a k...

the intregra chasis hop so much more than a eg, ive driven both, I even have a friend in the same town I live in with a k20atyper swapped in a crx, my eg smokes his crx being as my engine is built and has kpro and his is stock oem....

I would personally put it in an eg instead of a teggy, I use to own a 00' gsr with jdm front end supersonic blue.........

the look of a k in a eg is sex....

just plain sex....

but this is my 2cents..

if you like the feel and look of a integra, go with the integra, if you like the look and feel of a eg, go with the eg.

the swap is the same challenge either way. no matter how you look at it.
By 92_eghatch
#324196 I've done some research on the engine and the swap materials. I haven't actually done one though. BUT i can't wait to perform the surgery...i just can't wait lol. I just wasn't sure if obd2 meant less harness adapters. But i guess since the engine is completely different ... there would have to be harness adaptation regardless..
I've heard a lot about the swaps and how impressive the k series are....but i've never gone into detail as to k24 short blocks and k20 top ends.
I just can't wait till i can get my hands on another eg and all the k goodies. :-)
By kylenjdm93
#324545 my advice, save up, buy brand name parts that are worth a damn

hybrid racing makes the best products in my opinion plus they are made right here in the usa

you will need to collect a few things for a painless swap

STEP 1

hybrid racing mount kit (hasport works too, harder to install though)
hybrid racing fuel rail
hybrid racing fuel line kit
under dash sub harness for k swap
ep3 axels work in our chassis, fitment and splines
hybrid racing race header 4-2-1
fuel pressure regulator
high flow fuel pump

these are the parts I strongly suggest purchasing brand new, they don't have to be hybrid, almost any reputable brand you have seen in Honda tuning will do minus golden eagle... garbage eagle...

STEP 2

figure out what your budget is then what k you can get for the price

k20a2 are fantastic engines in a eg, pulls hard revs up and i-vtec is sooo sexy

k20a3 (sorry self proclaimed ep3 expert) are junk unless you rebuild and spend decent money to make it a a2 you would have spent enough to have the a2....

k24a2 tsx engine, lots of power for the buck but no traction in a eg.. too much torque..

k20z1 (newer k20a2 engine but its drive by wire,. pos garbage) you can swap some sensors, the ecu, and the tb and your back to a k20a2 minus compression ratio and such.

STEP 3

take your time installing your new baby in your other baby.

i can edit my write up in earlier posts under this section on how to install a k swap as it was one of my first major k series posts in this forum.

i have more pictures to add also

BELOW IS THE INFAMOUS SUB HARNESS

THIS PIC IS OLD, AND THE NEW HARNESSES LOOK BETTER AND WORK BETTER TO.... SO ILL POST IT UP TOMORROW WHEN IM NOT HALF ASLEEP

THE WIRES COILED UP IN THE MIDDLE

theres 2 yellow and something and 2 green and something there

ones for the coolant temp sensor, one is for the brake booster light, one is for the ac shit, ones for something else I never use lol.

when you BUY the conversion harness HYBRID RACING sends you a freakin little instruction manual that's in color and they have tech support also.
By Apexracing
#324611 dont forget kpro to make it all work
By kylenjdm93
#324617 ya k pro is a good idea, since most swaps have built in immobilizers and getting a ignition installed with the immobilizer is extremely tough but possible. plus the price sucks

I hardly drive mine around town, too many thieves, without and immobilizer your kinda fu**ed if they break into your car.

hell a thief could have his own ecu with kpro and a laptop with basic tuning skills and be on down the road with your car.
By Apexracing
kylenjdm93 wrote:ya k pro is a good idea, since most swaps have built in immobilizers and getting a ignition installed with the immobilizer is extremely tough but possible. plus the price sucks

I hardly drive mine around town, too many thieves, without and immobilizer your kinda fu**ed if they break into your car.

hell a thief could have his own ecu with kpro and a laptop with basic tuning skills and be on down the road with your car.

Plus if you go k24a2 you cant run that on any regular honda ecu. Gotta have kpro or aem ect. But yea getting a kswaped eg stolen would be a heartbreaker.