K20 & K24
By rak511
#323064 Ik this isnt eg related but i still need some help... haha... i looked at an 02 ep3 with a k20a3 in it (stock engine)...while test driving the car i came to a stop sign and it shut off... the car didnt want to start... so the owner of the car got in and had to step on the gas while starting it and keep revving it while sitting to get it to stay running... runs fine after you get moving... check engine lights on for an o2 sensor... any1 know what the problem would be for why it would shut off at stops... thanks!
By Apexracing
rak511 wrote:Ik this isnt eg related but i still need some help... haha... i looked at an 02 ep3 with a k20a3 in it (stock engine)...while test driving the car i came to a stop sign and it shut off... the car didnt want to start... so the owner of the car got in and had to step on the gas while starting it and keep revving it while sitting to get it to stay running... runs fine after you get moving... check engine lights on for an o2 sensor... any1 know what the problem would be for why it would shut off at stops... thanks!

Could need plugs/injectors. Fuel filter. If its been sitting at all it could have water in the gas.
By kylenjdm93
#324032 you are all wrong, k series tps are very tempermental if the ecu thinks the tb is at -20% how can it idle?

they go out very often because people f with the grounds on the engine, most people move the ground from the middle valve cover bolt to the intake manifold...

let me ask you...

is aluminum a good conductor for grounds??

answer is fuck no.

you need solid steel to steel for a good connection..

this wipes out tps and can eventually blow your ecu up.

don't believe me research honatas web site on kpro

yes however the 02 can cause the car to idle rough and run like crap but it wouldn't casue it to turn off and have to press the gas to get it to start up...

check out the tps, and the ecu, if it has ever been flashed, its a good bet it needs an update or a reflash, if It hasn't, check the grounds and replace the tps, even if it doesn't have a code

if it doesn't fix the problem pm me, im all about k series and a member of k20a.org.

plus i work on them for a living...
By kylenjdm93
teal_dx wrote:Try replacing the o2 sensor :thumb:
Driving with a bad o2 means the air/fuel ratio is way off because the ecu isnt getting a proper reading from the o2.

k series ecus have a bootloader when the circuits are malfunctioning... aka limp mode, but k series has limp mode with balls.... vtec still works.

the ecu would not shut the car off.. plus a check engine light would be on, unless someone pulled it out of the cluster... ran across that a time or two before you wouldn't believe the kind of people out there...
By kylenjdm93
teal_dx wrote:Try replacing the o2 sensor :thumb:
Driving with a bad o2 means the air/fuel ratio is way off because the ecu isnt getting a proper reading from the o2.

k series ecus have a bootloader when the circuits are malfunctioning... aka limp mode, but k series has limp mode with balls.... vtec still works.

the ecu would not shut the car off.. plus a check engine light would be on, unless someone pulled it out of the cluster... ran across that a time or two before you wouldn't believe the kind of people out there...
By Apexracing
kylenjdm93 wrote:you are all wrong, k series tps are very tempermental if the ecu thinks the tb is at -20% how can it idle?

they go out very often because people f with the grounds on the engine, most people move the ground from the middle valve cover bolt to the intake manifold...

let me ask you...

is aluminum a good conductor for grounds??

answer is fuck no.

you need solid steel to steel for a good connection..

this wipes out tps and can eventually blow your ecu up.

don't believe me research honatas web site on kpro

yes however the 02 can cause the car to idle rough and run like crap but it wouldn't casue it to turn off and have to press the gas to get it to start up...

check out the tps, and the ecu, if it has ever been flashed, its a good bet it needs an update or a reflash, if It hasn't, check the grounds and replace the tps, even if it doesn't have a code

if it doesn't fix the problem pm me, im all about k series and a member of k20a.org.

plus i work on them for a living...

My tps has been good, 209k and going! Limp mode limits rpm to 4000
By kylenjdm93
#324041 ive seen some crazy things with a k in limp mode, could be that all I get to work on already have kpro.... shoulda put that in the writing.

kpro is the God of Honda ecu technology...
Last edited by kylenjdm93 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By kylenjdm93
rak511 wrote:Ik this isnt eg related but i still need some help... haha... i looked at an 02 ep3 with a k20a3 in it (stock engine)...while test driving the car i came to a stop sign and it shut off... the car didnt want to start... so the owner of the car got in and had to step on the gas while starting it and keep revving it while sitting to get it to stay running... runs fine after you get moving... check engine lights on for an o2 sensor... any1 know what the problem would be for why it would shut off at stops... thanks!

if the ecu is kpro, then the tune is garbage, an ordinary o2 sensor would not shut the engine off, there is an underlying problem around there some were, I suggested checking the tps out, manually hooking up a multimiter and reading were the voltage is KOEO, (Key On Engine Off) that can be a cause for the ep3 to kill out.

take it to a Honda dealership have them check it out for you with actual Honda scanners, they read more than a typical snap on or matco scanner......