K20 & K24
By ohDirka
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:
stefan wrote:Drag racing is a typical US thing.
I love driving tight corners and get bored at straights, so that would be circuits, not strips.
Matter of culture I guess.

To me, a car built only with the purpose to go fast in a straight line, is a waste of money and time, to you it might be the ultimate.
Though I don't mind seeing idiot fast cars once in a while ;)

EDIT:
Wich doesn't mean I don't respect all the effort someone has put into building his (/her/their) car, wich I do very much.

Yeah, it just comes down to what you perfer. To me circuit just beats the hell out of your car. From the suspension, to the brakes, and definately the motor, it all get whooped on for long periods of time. With drags its generally just the engine that gets pounded for @12 seconds. To some, the straight line racing might be boring, to others its a VERY intense rush! It basically comes down to "how do you want your adrenaline rush"? :lol:

it is an awesome adrenaline rush...and so addicting
By Sire
#24345 I agree with both sides... I am going to the strip again this weekend, but if I had to choose, I would rather drive a WRC car for 1 round, than a full drag car for a 1/4 mile...

But that's just me...
By chnzgoofball
D15kid wrote:
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:
stefan wrote:Drag racing is a typical US thing.
I love driving tight corners and get bored at straights, so that would be circuits, not strips.
Matter of culture I guess.

To me, a car built only with the purpose to go fast in a straight line, is a waste of money and time, to you it might be the ultimate.
Though I don't mind seeing idiot fast cars once in a while ;)

EDIT:
Wich doesn't mean I don't respect all the effort someone has put into building his (/her/their) car, wich I do very much.

Yeah, it just comes down to what you perfer. To me circuit just beats the hell out of your car. From the suspension, to the brakes, and definately the motor, it all get whooped on for long periods of time. With drags its generally just the engine that gets pounded for @12 seconds. To some, the straight line racing might be boring, to others its a VERY intense rush! It basically comes down to "how do you want your adrenaline rush"? :lol:

it is an awesome adrenaline rush...and so addicting

well it all depends on how u set your car up... my car was set up for turns i never had an issues at all with my car... drag is cool too but i had a few issues with my car and a hole bunch of my friends did too... so depends how ure set up im guessing
By egferio95
#61376 Civics drag. Civic don't drift. and FF no good for WRC.

Can you say Lisa Kubo's EG hatch? (9.21 secs on the quarter mile)
By weaponr82
#61428 Well after spending too much money and time into going fast in a line i've decided to concentrate on going around corners fast enough to make my passangers freak out. I'd rather have control on the edge of a turn, around a track and mix it with some straight line grunt, enough so a ford focus won't laugh at me :eh:
By King-K
#83235 NiCe!!!, looks like a 9.30, 9.20's car......

Sick!!!!!!