K20 & K24
By LaosToaster
#312488 this is just a wild idea and i was thinking of buying a wrecked tsx with the engine being undamaged. would it work to transfer everything like the instrument cluster, immobilizer control unit,even the ignition switch,original key, the ecu, the original engine harness, subharness, shitfer assembly EVERYTHING thats required for the k24 that once ran in the tsx over to my eg. i dont want to buy any conversion harness and buy kpro.

thanks
Last edited by LaosToaster on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Aldo91
#312493 I am sure you could, sounds like you have the money for it, you just need the time and dedication, it'll probly be very intricate but i say go for it :thumb:
By LaosToaster
#312497 wrecked tsx's from auctions are dirt cheap, just find one thats rear ended. any swap gurus could help. and no i want to do it this way because i dont want to have to spend on all the concersions which will nickle and dime me to death
By teal_dx
#312498 Finding a wrecked TSX with a 6 speed might take some time but well worth it :thumb:

If you like custom wiring then this would be a project for you. It sounds daunting... the wiring conversion scares me a little.

Start with the cluster, it's all digital. I'm sure there are sensors on the car elsewhere than the motor that control this (outside temp or example)

You'll need to change over to drive by wire for the original ecu.

Possible yes, difficult hell yes.

Find an 06-08 if possible for a few extra HP due to improved valves. :thumb:
By LaosToaster
#312500 i need to take a look at a service manual check out all the wiring schemactics to see what im up against. it sounds easy to say take out all the wires and and throw them in my hatch, keeping the tsx wires intact and seperated from the eg's harness. but damn now that i think about it, this is going to be hard lol
By EJ1_MK
#312527 Only issue there is that you can't use the trans, the mount is different on the TSX trans than an RSX or SI and the mounts for the swap won't work on them either. or the shifter cables or the shifter out of the TSX so you would have to get it all from the RSX.
By LaosToaster
EJ1_MK wrote:Only issue there is that you can't use the trans, the mount is different on the TSX trans than an RSX or SI and the mounts for the swap won't work on them either. or the shifter cables or the shifter out of the TSX so you would have to get it all from the RSX.

http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=67

perfect for full k24 swaps

http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=71

i can slap the tsx shifter on top of that. i dont care if the center trim piece wont cover it.
By EJ1_MK
LaosToaster wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:Only issue there is that you can't use the trans, the mount is different on the TSX trans than an RSX or SI and the mounts for the swap won't work on them either. or the shifter cables or the shifter out of the TSX so you would have to get it all from the RSX.

http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=67

perfect for full k24 swaps

http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=71

i can slap the tsx shifter on top of that. i dont care if the center trim piece wont cover it.

I was unaware that they came out with a mount kit for the Accord/tsx trans, the plate is nice i have one.
By LaosToaster
#312554 i wonder what other complications i will face. something tells me i have alot of sensors to delete, like the outside tempurature sensor lol too bad theres not many tsx experts/owners here, at least not that i know of.
By Apexracing
#314795 Self proclaimed ep3 expert here to help :)
By LaosToaster
Apexracing wrote:Self proclaimed ep3 expert here to help :)

fuck yea.. oh yea btw guys i bought me a wrecked 6 speed manual TSX. looks likes im not dreaming anymore its actually gonna happen. i needa post a pic of my tsx soon

edit: here u go

By LaosToaster
#314802 yea i think im ready to tackle this project. im tired of my lil b16a. loved it and everything but now i wanna play with the big boys. my goal with this is to make this swap as cheap as possible. so right now im 2 grand down lol
By TrailerTrash
#314810 :love: :love: :love: