K20 & K24
By kylenjdm93
#298595 we have the room for the rbc im might as well use it better flowe and cheaper than junk2, 240 shipped from club rsx.com
By 420coupe
#302526 Wow!! VERY CLEAN !! I've recently been researching the required parts needed to complete the Kswap into an EG. I was planning this as a side project as my current main project is with Honda's new SOHC the R series motor available in the newer, 8th gen + base model civics. I'm currently looking to get my hands on an EG Hatch to DD as the FG is still down since Sept 9, 2011. I just need to get a car to drive around for DD so im looking to buy a cheap to somewhat beat up EG under 1800$ ideally. If i had the complete K20z3 motor what else would be needed to swap in besides the obvious Motor mounts and ECU. Looking to get everything set up on the engine stand and perform the swap over the weekend, again IDEALLY i know little things arise here and there. Any recommendations on anything even possibly where to pick up an EG Hatch for rather cheap ?
By bartman201
#302558 i love K, more or less how much did you spend on all the parts not including the engine.
By 1ACarlos
#302719 Thanks
By mannyeg6
#307809 nice job :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :woot: :woot:
im still thinking going k or just keep my b..... :? :? :? :?
By Trippsol
#313084 This is an awesome post, and covers most of the main shenanigans you will run into. Nice write up!
By kylenjdm93
mannyeg6 wrote:nice job :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :woot: :woot:

I know its a bit late, haven't been on this site in a while, tired of haters, at least at k20a.org everybody is a winner, being that you own a kswap....

anyway, I would do a k if you have access to another vehicle to drive during the process, id save up some money, buy a k you really want, none of this ep3 bullshit...

list of great engines to start with....

k20a
k20a2
k24a2

these have real vtec and are realitivly cheap...

im planning on buying myself a k24a2 long block out of the acura tsx for a longer stroke, 2.4 man 2.4..... the only problem is that you cant rev as high as a k20, and mine is a mint built type r swap....

oh well decisions decisions....
By Apexracing
kylenjdm93 wrote:

I know its a bit late, haven't been on this site in a while, tired of haters, at least at k20a.org everybody is a winner, being that you own a kswap....

anyway, I would do a k if you have access to another vehicle to drive during the process, id save up some money, buy a k you really want, none of this ep3 bullshit...

k20a
k20a2
k24a2

im planning on buying myself a k24a2 long block out of the acura tsx for a longer stroke, 2.4 man 2.4..... the only problem is that you cant rev as high as a k20, and mine is a mint built type r swap....

wait, tired of haters on here? Brother we dont have any. And if there seems to be one speak up to a mod or admin :thumb:
By kylenjdm93
Apexracing wrote:
kylenjdm93 wrote:

k20a
k20a2
k24a2

wait, tired of haters on here? Brother we dont have any. And if there seems to be one speak up to a mod or admin :thumb:

I see you are in new York? how is the weather up there? must be frigid cold unless you are use to it, its been 6 degrees at night and 25 degrees during the day in central Washington state
By Apexracing
#324087 Actually is been in the 50's and 60's for the past week, all the snow melted :thumb: