K20 & K24
By DREW-EG93
teal_dx wrote:Also here is a list of parts and part #'s you will need for the swap:

* P# MK01 EG/EK/DC

* P# WH01 EG/EK/DC

* P# CAS1/2/3 EG/EK/DC

* P# CLU01

* P# RAD01 EG/EK/DC

* P# FUR01

how do i find these parts and does all these parts apply to the type s swap?

thanks

Parts can be ordered from http://www.hybrid-racing.com
By jayEGR
#206275 i think i might i just found a k20a3 for cheap just need some help and researching :thumb:
By Digs
#213230 where can i find engine mounts for a k series for an eg? or will i have to fabricate my own?
By Cl9junky
#217960 Makes me want to take out the k24 in my TSX lol but i like my B18C......hmmm what if i put the b18 in the tsx and the k24 in my hatch lol.
By Nambo
Digs wrote:where can i find engine mounts for a k series for an eg? or will i have to fabricate my own?

Hasport and Hyrbrid Racing makes them
By OleFolk
#218739 yea, easy said then done :(
By BmaniaC
#221997 I have question about swap K20a2 in my EG hb and about price this engine in State.

how many I must add $$$ apart from the price of engine to this swap.

I am interested in a cost of parts needed for starting k20a2 in Eg hb.

of course in Poland parts are unavailable and everything would have to be imported from states

what is coast this Kseries in states??
In Poland Price for the Full swap K20a2 is 10.000 PLN = 3700 $

So its very much when i am earning 1.400 pln per month = 518.50 $ per month

what looks like it at you??

how much erning you in state and how much coast this swpa in states for american
By Eg6H2D
BmaniaC wrote:I have question about swap K20a2 in my EG hb and about price this engine in State.

of course in Poland parts are unavailable and everything would have to be imported from states

how much erning you in state and how much coast this swpa in states for american

To get the k20a2 in your car it will cost about 7000 US $ . that's engine out here and all parts needed doing it yourself. Now what alot of us USA guys are doing is Building the K24a2 and using k20a2 head with them which will make alot more torque and better power to run. and in some areas it is cheaper. you can find the k20a2 head out here or ebay for about 500-600 US. and block k24a4 is more available for about 400-600 US $. there is alot of options NOW when doing your K Series build.
where you will spend alot more money is the parts to get the engine in and tuning . the ECU Kpro alone is $995 US and if you dont have a Stock ECU they supply it for a total of $1595. But out here we can find PRB ECU easily for about $150 USD.

What route will you want to go..

:thumb:
By kylenjdm93
teal_dx wrote:so who's gonna be the first on here to swap a K :twisted:

pretty sure it was me, 06, first k swap. now I have my 2nd kswap k20a type r civic eg coupe. looking for hatch to throw it in. :thumb:
By kylenjdm93
Eg6H2D wrote:
BmaniaC wrote:I have question about swap K20a2 in my EG hb and about price this engine in State.

To get the k20a2 in your car it will cost about 7000 US $ . that's engine out here and all parts needed doing it yourself. Now what alot of us USA guys are doing is Building the K24a2 and using k20a2 head with them which will make alot more torque and better power to run. and in some areas it is cheaper. you can find the k20a2 head out here or ebay for about 500-600 US. and block k24a4 is more available for about 400-600 US $. there is alot of options NOW when doing your K Series build.
where you will spend alot more money is the parts to get the engine in and tuning . the ECU Kpro alone is $995 US and if you dont have a Stock ECU they supply it for a total of $1595. But out here we can find PRB ECU easily for about $150 USD.

the k24a4 is a junk engine, you have to tap the bottom oil galley in the block for the a2 head to get oil pressure.

the guys who build a k series correctly just buy a k20a2, or a k24a2 :thumb:
By kylenjdm93
#332146 Awww ya muffins! FUGG YA! good luck with your k build to cone
By Axix23
kylenjdm93 wrote:
Eg6H2D wrote:

the k24a4 is a junk engine, you have to tap the bottom oil galley in the block for the a2 head to get oil pressure.

the guys who build a k series correctly just buy a k20a2, or a k24a2 :thumb:

Well, I guess I am about to drop my junk k24a4 in then.. :)
Upgrading the head later.
By kylenjdm93
#333942 Don't get me wrong, listen to what I am saying, to achieve decent all motor power the k24a4 will cost more money in the long run, change oil pump to a type s 230.00, tap the crank girdle and plug it, 50.00 providing you don't have threaded plugs and tap on hand, plus the costs of swapping the head to real vtec like k20a, k20a2, k24a2... 850.00 for a complete head, and 500 in gaskets, water pump, and timing component kit.

I'm saying its expensive at first but cheap / reliable in the long run.

When you swap engines with intentions of modding you "should" buy the best platform and start there,

But I like to start adding performance parts instead of piecing together an entire engine,

Some will disagree and say it takes the fun out of building a Honda, I digress, I have to agree, I've built too many engines to give a bunny fluff...

If you got a k20 swap and want more power and have little funds a k24a4 will be a decent upgrade if you cannot afford the prices of a tsx k24a2 block....