K20 & K24
By 93da_
#259933 so i found a dirt cheap k20a3 full swap (engine, trans, wiring, ecu, axles etc), and i was wondering what i would need exactly to get it up and running?

i know the a3 is not a very typical swap because of the low power but its cheaper than a b18b swap here locally.

By chrono404
#260015 You need custom mounts, and wiring to get it to work in your car. If its the axles that came out of the ep3, the car your engine came from. Then they should work.

Swapping in a b18 will be cheaper as you dont have to buy all the extra stuff, like shift cables, which are different, or change your fuel setup, or new clutch lines, custom wiring harnesses, etc. all that stuff adds up.
By 93da_
#260070 Image

im planning to swap the k20a3 head with a k20a2 head and run a type-s ecu with kpro, itll still be cheaper than buying a full k20a2 swap since i got my a3 for $450.

anyways, i found a parts list on a different forum, it should list everything i need..

custom mounts, and wiring to get it to work in your car

would that mean hasport motor mounts and wiring harness? or totally custom? thanks
By 93da_
#261251 anyone know how I can figure out if I have a Auto or Manual transmission?
By 93da_
#261255 sorry forgot to mention it came out of a Base model RSX
By Apexracing
#261330 i have an ep3 snap a picture of the top of the transmission and ill tell you :) and congrats on the k. best way to run that motor is get your self kpro. get a good header. skunk 2 stage 2 cams. and upgrade your injectors, throttle body and fuel rail. But don't put a A2 head on it, you would just be wasting your time. and hasport should sell swap mounts for that motor.

To expand on not using the A2 head, simply you will blow your motor up. The A3 motor is an econo motor from the ground up, adding some bolt ons and kpro can help or boost is a very good option as well. but its internals are not designed to rev to 8-9k. They are heavy and not forged, and there is no oil squirters in the block to cool the pistons. So unless you plan on running at the stock A3 red line and adjust the vtec crossover accordingly. That head is a waste of time and money.
By ked84
#282635 i am also trying to put in a k20a3 in my hatch. can you post up that link that will tell me everything i need to do the swap? much appreciated. thanks!
By chrono404
#282648 For kswap info, Look at the builds at k20a.org.

Hybrid racing also has walkthoughs on their site.

bewteen the two of them I learned a great deal of K Series info. Before I bought my WRX, I was seriously thinking about a K swap into my Delsol.
By bodyman
#283712 There are "stickys" on k20a.org to read for a kswap list into your 5th gen civic. If you have any other questions let me know ill be glad to answer.