K20 & K24
By dbrooks
#206493 My crappy old d series motor sucks right now. So I was looking for new motors today on craigslist. I found a k20 from an 05 si for $600. It doesn't come with a tranny though. I plan on rebuilding it. Would you say this is a good deal? It's also obo so I'm gonna offer him $450 for it first.
By jayEGR
#206499 all depending on it i read up on the site here and the site made me change my mione on doin a k20 swap so i couldnt so a3 i wasnt gunna do not for the quality and whats been said so i changed my mine
By JUICE
#206502 that's about an average price for a CraigsList K20a3...

if your trying to budget this, hope you can do most all the work yourself and find all the rest of the needed parts for crackhead prices, cause it's not cheap. for instance, not sure about the 5 speed K trannys but, the 6 speeds go for $2500+

:thumb:
By dbrooks
#206589 I'm not really trying to budget it, yet I'm not really in too much of a hurry. Haha I'm thinking about rebuilding it for boost and then ripping the shit out of the track. But idk. Hahaha
By berg89
#206591 Let us know the prices if you find the parts. An where you got them if from a dealer. :thumb:
By dbrooks
#207049 I for sure will. I've been looking around on the internet a lot. You can find of the rsx type s trannys that are broke n and just need a rebuild. I found a k24a4 on craigslist for 500 bucks.

I know the dealer is going to be expensive. I got quoted on a master cylinder for my car and it was like $250. I bought an aftermarket one for $30 with a lifetime warranty. Haha
By Eg6H2D
#207148 The k20z motor from the Si's are a bit diff then your typical k20a's. first is the throttle, it's no longer a cable, it's through a sensor that determines how much throttle your giving at the pedal. second is the tranny, they also have the 3rd gear synchronizer issued along with all 6spd k20 tranny, also the LSD on the k20z's that were equipped from factory then to be weak.

Oh snap im sorry just seen your said the 05 Si, from the hatch?. k20a3?. 600 good buy the only difference is the head and i believe pistons. . but if your building id say go k24a4 from an '08+ accord $600-800. slap a type s head for around 600.

Try this. car-parts.com

Also the above info is very useful.. :thumb: