K20 & K24
By KingcoupeO
#139477 im just gettin back in the honda game
a few years back i was pretty into it
the military broke the honda life off for a while now im back .
the k series motors have gotten a little cheaper no?
my boys got a eg hatch with a k20 pretty much stock I/H/E and it hauls ass i mean torque monster and when it hooks up its a total gone show .
he bought it that way so im un aware of the cost , i will research but doeas anyone have this swap , and whats the cost , cause i got no problems wasteing a bonus bulding a k series super coupe. thanks
By chrono404
#139486 For K Series Research www.k20a.org will be a huge help, Its where I learned almost all I know about K's.

How much a swap is depends on what you get.
For an EG besides the Engine, you need the following:
>Mounts(Hasport makes a good set)
>Axles
>Shiter(90-93 Accord Shifters work)
>Header(OEM K Header wont fit)
>Wiring Harness(You will need Harness's off the engine and battery harness, then to attach them to the EG Chassis, Rywire Makes conversion harneses.

I believe there is something I am missing, Its been a while since I looked up a EG Swap.

The Engine to get for a Swap would be a K20a(Type-R Yo) K20a2(RSX Type-S), and the K24a2(TSX) These have the performance VTEC.
The Other K's all have VTEC-E Styled Vtec, Which are quite slower. B20vtec's can bear up on K20a3 swaps for example.

If you want to push the envelope for the same money you can get a J Series swap. A J32 Type-S Swap out of a TL Type-S or CL Type-S Trims matched to a 6speed manual LSD Transmission would be an awesome car for Drag racing. The biggest downside to a J swap is the lack of getting a nice hood to fit(besides getting a custom intake manifold) and the lack of mods available. It's very similar to swapping to a K Series in 2004/5

hmotorsonlineand tigerjapanese have K swaps for sale.
By tigerafro
#139506 i would stay k b/c its so hard to find a 6 speed manual for the j swap. but j swap would be awesome
By KingcoupeO
#139527 it would - yet theres something so true about honda 4 cyl. b and d series performance had single hndedlly made our passion what it it is today - the word wide phenom. and believe me the select few choose to stay JDM or true to our roots , k series is slowly becoming as common as b and d series - j series just seems so abnormal to me you get it . Plus i want a street car , obv its guna be serious on the street but itsgotta be a daily , my set up now hooks up really well , but im always curious to know . thnks for the reply's bro's .
By asianrob
#139573 build your K if you go K it would be tons cheaper!!! ive saved tons of cash by just putting the motor together with stuff i wanted..

plus i picked up a brand new K20Z3 complete bottom end for 800$ still in factory honda plastic
By KingcoupeO
#139575 damn thats a deal bro. i figure it owuld take a year or so to get all the parts - then i might as well get a hatch and put it in there - keep the coupe runnin on the set up i got now - k20 hatch pulls hard as hell ....I SEEN IT!!!!!!
By asianrob
KingcoupeO wrote:damn thats a deal bro. i figure it owuld take a year or so to get all the parts - then i might as well get a hatch and put it in there - keep the coupe runnin on the set up i got now - k20 hatch pulls hard as hell ....I SEEN IT!!!!!!

i know lol mine is up and running.

finding parts should be easy considering that the dallas criagslist (your area right?) is filled with stuff for K series.

one thing that would deff cost a lot would be 6 speed trans and K pro

i got lucky and traded my K24 for an H22 and traded the H22 for a 6 speed type S trans