H22A
By milkweed
#116267 so i have a 92 si hatch. im going to put a h22a1 in it, is it good to use the stock wiring harness??? i just wanted to hear from ppl whove done it, that im not going to have problems i guess...
By F22Civic
#124271 Yes it is best to use the Civic wiring harness. You will have to extend a few wires and it will be a perfect fit on the H22. It is not as complicated as people make it out to be. You don't need any wiring diagrams or anything. Just put the harness on the H22 and you will see how much you need to extend wires. I believe the ones you need to extend are the IACV, injector wires, alternator, ECT, and starter (I may be forgetting a couple)
By jitaga
#160114 so if i decide to use the h22 harness, what modifications will i have to do as far as the connectors a the shock tower?
By i8umup
#160145 you would have to then have a wiring diagram or know what ur doing cause your gona depin the conectors and repin it to the civic one. suggestion is to do it like F22CIVIC said. or send both harnesses off and have someone else do it if your not comfortable with it
By jitaga
#160210 CIVIC22 said that the civic harness will fit the h22 as long as some wires were extend, so that means that the civic and h22 harness have the same components right? so all that there would be to do is to transfer the connectors from one harness to another?
By i8umup
#160211 just use the civic harness and modify it. as stated if u use the h22 harness solely you will end up depining the firewall plugs because a prelude harness end is not the same as a civic harness end. use the civic harness and extend the wires where they need to be extended.
By jitaga
#160216 what about the harness connectors at the ecu. because im planning to use the p13.......? any input on that?
By mooze
#160780 the civic harness will plug right in
By h22bubbleboy
#166591 i have an h22 and i used a civic harness works fine without any complications besides the extension off a few plugs.....also the p13 im using plugs right in but there will be a space cuz u wont be using one of the clips from the ecu cuz the civic harness dosent have one BUT! u dont use it anyway