H22A
By Eddie R
#108006 :? Has anybody ever heard of an H23 with VTEC from the factory? I met some guy at the L.A. Auto Show a few years back and he told me about this, Is this true or not. I personally don't think so since he looked and talked like he was full of shit :x ,please help thanks. :thumb:
By chrono404
#108066 There has never been an H23 Vtec that came out the honda factory. Just like the B20 Vtec never came from honda. However its a popular build to do.

Some people build "G22's" and "G23's" Which have a F22 or H23 Block, K20 Pistons and H22 DOHC VTEC HEADS. They claim this is a new Engine generation however the G line up is a 5cylender. This might been what he was talking about however its just people giving there Frankenstein engine a new name.

So in short No there is no H23 with Vtec, be in SOHC or DOHC that ever came out of Hondas factory's. The guy you talked to is a Ricer Poser who doesn't know what he thinks he does.
By Eddie R
#108214 :D Thanks Dude! I knew he was a moron :thumb:
By SuperTuner12010
#117920 Sorry to tell you but there is a H23 VTEC from factory...

ITs the bluetop H23 it came in the CH9 Accord Wagon SiR in Japan and something else but I dont remember. Im sure someone could shine in on this...
By JUICE
#117924 "There is also a DOHC VTEC version of the H23A, available in the CH9 Accord Wagon SiR in Japan which only is available with a automatic triptronic 7 position electronic control 4 speed automatic (S matics). It was also used in the CL2 Accord Wagon which has AWD. This engine came with a blue top." -wikipedia
By xEGFERIOx
#122739 H23 vtec, straight from japan factory ... no freankinstien here!

By Dippin_EG
#122833 ^^^ can you say F20b?

EDIT: actually, that may be an h23a VTEC :shock:

2nd EDIT: thats a SWEET red coolant overflow tank :lol:
By matt is (eg6)
#122853 i have heard of the frankinstien motor before on a local forum some guy is building it....
By JUICE
matt is (eg6) wrote:i have heard of the frankinstien motor before on a local forum some guy is building it....

a frankenstein* is in most cases a non-vtec block with a vtec head slapped on it. ls-vtec's, cr-vtec's. could be reffered to any mis-matched head/block combo.
By xEGFERIOx
Dippin_EG wrote:^^^ can you say F20b?

umm i can say i know what i fuckin got dude, but thanks for tryin :thumbdown: oh and yea the engine bay isnt done its in the works, i know it has its flaws but fuck it! i like it! :woot:

http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=84
By xEGFERIOx
matt is (eg6) wrote:i have heard of the frankinstien motor before on a local forum some guy is building it....

well this isnt a frankinstien, this is a honda motor! fuck a frankinstien, i dont believe in that shit ... lsv, b20v, non of it ...
By Dippin_EG
xEGFERIOx wrote:
Dippin_EG wrote:^^^ can you say F20b?

umm i can say i know what i fuckin got dude, but thanks for tryin :thumbdown: oh and yea the engine bay isnt done its in the works, i know it has its flaws but fuck it! i like it! :woot:

http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=84

dont get mad dude, its all jokes :wink:
By hatchz6
#122937 I have never seen one :?
By xEGFERIOx
Dippin_EG wrote:dont get mad dude, its all jokes :wink:

sorry if it seems as if im gettin mad but im not, just sayin i know what i got ...
By xEGFERIOx
hatchz6 wrote:I have never seen one :?

me either, till it arrived at my foot step, i then realized they do exist ... :shock: