H22A
By boosted94
#105324 I picked up a set of H into eg mounts on saturday and was under the impression the F would love them. oops lol.

I've been working the past two days on hanging my F22B into my hacth.
having a few mount problems wondering if anyone has any knowledge in my problem areas.

1. Using accord 5-speed tranny so the H tanny mount will need to be modified.

2. the H series drivers side mount wich i was told would line up fine is about 1 inch to far forward for the motor with the rear mount installed.

Just looking for some ideas before i start cutting mounts all to peices.

im thinking it could also be an issue with the rear accord engine mount being different from that of a prelude??

thanks alot for any clarification.
By dirtygst
#105329 i was over on cb7tuners and they show how you have to modify the h series tranny to fit into the 90-93 accord so you may possibly not be able to use the accord tranny... not 100% sure but ill look on there for the thread real quick

edit: here is that link
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=74780
not sure if it will help but here it is
By boosted94
#105333 that looks plausible i will have to go out tomorrow with his pics and see if the accord tranny has the prelude holes untapped. thanks alot.
By boosted94
#105618 well checked it all out.. the accord tranny does not have the blocks for the accord mounts.
Mount fab will begin when i get some mig gas.
By dirtygst
#105630 nice, post some pics once you get it all together! gl
By ohDirka
#105654 a DIY would be awesome :thumb:
By boosted94
#105700 i suppose no one ever did a diy on frankenstein.. haha

got some cool things in the works ill post up with it:

custom turbo header
flat floor sub enclosure
possible passenger side exit exhaust(infront of rear wheel)

^ let me know what you think.
By colpitts
#118844 your biggest issue will be the custom header... sub-enclosure will be no biggie, and the side exit will have everyone except the people your passing screaming for joy.. the ones your passing will be screaming in pain.

i vote :thumb: to the side exit