H22A
By 0p71mu5pr1m3
colpitts wrote:more power then a b series, and its the EXACT same motor as the H, only non-vtec.

Not true at all, several B series motors make more power, particularly the B18CX's, and the H22 has a completely different head than the F22B does, not just that it has VTEC.

d15kid wrote:and from what I have read if you want to build a serious all motor single cam then the F22a is the way to go. Bisimoto is a company that backs that fact up.

And this is also true. Bisi does some fantastic work and is just an awesome person all around. The all motor Bisi has in the Insight right now is an F22A1, which I believe was rated to have the best flowing head of pretty much all the SOHC motors, thus why he went with it.
By boosted94
#93160 It exists.
From the top.
The infamous monster.
By colpitts
#93192 hey look, there it is... ooohhh, wait. theres ME :)
By ohDirka
#93222 Someone was telling me that you can put a h23 head on an f22 anyone know if thats true?
By chrono404
#93230 Yes. It needs to be a F22b though. the F22a is a no go. the H23 head is dohc non-vtec so really see the point. the f22b is either sohc vtec, or dohc non-vtec. The H22 dohc vtec head will bolt on just fine as well.
By colpitts
0p71mu5pr1m3 wrote:
colpitts wrote:more power then a b series, and its the EXACT same motor as the H, only non-vtec.

Not true at all, several B series motors make more power, particularly the B18CX's, and the H22 has a completely different head than the F22B does, not just that it has VTEC.

Look at the pics.., the only difference between the H motor and the F pictured above is the head characteristics. Yes, the H head has much more internally in order the be vtec capable, but what it comes down to is that both heads are dohc, one is vtec, one isnt. the block casting is exactly the same on the two motors as well.

as far as the more power then a B comment, i partial - failed. lol. the b series comes with more juice in some instances, but that is with the upgrade ITR valvetrain from factory as well as the bump in compression. i think if you treated this motor to the same treatment from factory you would undoubtedly incur AT LEAST measurable similarities, but i would expect that an f motor with a built valvetrain and higher compression numbers would easily surpass the 210 crank hp mark that the b series boasts. i would go as far to say a simple tune would allow for 200-210 hp.

my .02 anyways.
By SuperTuner12010
#93499 The F is a very popular motor for boost in Accords, because ov the iron sleeves, it holds boost very well, and like said above one of the best flowing heads around.

H series heads can also be mounted to F22a. There refered to as G series. Most people mount h22 heads to f22 because it lowers the compression, and the f22a has iron sleeves. Only problem, is you cant rev it like an H22. There is a gentelmen running an internaly built g22(f22b1 block, H22a head) making over 500hp at 18psi on a Garrett T3/T04R turbo, 75lbs air/min. And he plans for more.
By mooze
chrono404 wrote:Yes. It needs to be a F22b though. the F22a is a no go. the H23 head is dohc non-vtec so really see the point. the f22b is either sohc vtec, or dohc non-vtec. The H22 dohc vtec head will bolt on just fine as well.

incorrect. doesnt have to b the f22b. you can use almost any f series block including the f23 block which also already has the oil jets for vtec.
By mooze
colpitts wrote:
0p71mu5pr1m3 wrote:

Look at the pics.., the only difference between the H motor and the F pictured above is the head characteristics. Yes, the H head has much more internally in order the be vtec capable, but what it comes down to is that both heads are dohc, one is vtec, one isnt. the block casting is exactly the same on the two motors as well.

as far as the more power then a B comment, i partial - failed. lol. the b series comes with more juice in some instances, but that is with the upgrade ITR valvetrain from factory as well as the bump in compression. i think if you treated this motor to the same treatment from factory you would undoubtedly incur AT LEAST measurable similarities, but i would expect that an f motor with a built valvetrain and higher compression numbers would easily surpass the 210 crank hp mark that the b series boasts. i would go as far to say a simple tune would allow for 200-210 hp.

my .02 anyways.

pix arent everything. the h block and f block are not the exact same block. materials of which they are made of come into play big. not to mention dimensions. either way they are very similar and yet very different from each other
By colpitts
mooze wrote:
colpitts wrote:
0p71mu5pr1m3 wrote:

my .02 anyways.

pix arent everything. the h block and f block are not the exact same block. materials of which they are made of come into play big. not to mention dimensions. either way they are very similar and yet very different from each other

as i mentioned before f block sleeves are iron, stronger, like boost alot more because they don't distort like the walls of the H series under high boost=power=heat.

f22 has a bore and stroke of 85x95 respectively for a displacement of 2156cc whereas;
h22 has a bore and stroke of 87x90 for a displacement of 2157cc

so i would argue that their dimensions being different is really no argument for the difference in motors overall. one cubic centimeter is hardly enough to base such an argument on..

i said the h and f block are the exact same block and the difference is in the heads, and i was wrong, but c'mon a cubic centimeter?

the real difference between these motors in question (the f22B dohc non-vtec and the H22A vtec) is the head respective to each motor. one is vtec, one isn't.. yes blocks have miniscule differences and yes as mentioned the materials are different, but what your arguing is like saying a macintosh and grannysmith are two totally different things ... when it comes down to it they're both just apples; and we're not comparing them to oranges..
By RevinEK
#94510 :fucker:
By boosted94
#96016 Flywheel weigh in.

Stock = 19.5lbs :thumbdown:
3-peice = 9lbs :thumb:

By Classiccarsrule85
#96017 nice very nice
By boosted94
#96197 more to come..
-machined crank pullys(alt only)
By ShiftyEJ1
#99901 Well, I guess I'll make this my second post. I plan on doing an f20b in my coupe.

From searching and getting info between these 2 motors (H22/F20B) I havent found too many major differences. It's just a destroked H22 after all.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2018500

This guy put together a good list on the similarites of the 2.