H22A
By Ilovemyegg
#77086 the other day i was leaving ihop, i was in second gear and accelerated normally and all the sudden while i had my foot on the gas the car wouldn't move. i pull over and noticed the inner cv boot on the driver side ripped. i dont know what could've caused it since i wasn't beating on it. btw i have stage 1 gator axles. this is the first time it's happen but im just wondering if anybody else with a hseries swap is having the same issue?
By teal_dx
#77090 is the inner CV joint still in tact?

Just a ripped boot shouldn't bring your car to a halt. It will cause your cv joint to wear out really quick as the grease gets out and dirt gets in though.

Was the axle/boot stretched a little too far?
By Ilovemyegg
teal_dx wrote:is the inner CV joint still in tact?

Just a ripped boot shouldn't bring your car to a halt. It will cause your cv joint to wear out really quick as the grease gets out and dirt gets in though.

Was the axle/boot stretched a little too far?

yes, the inner joints are still in tact. the boot was never stretched. is it normal that the axles are kind of slanted upwards?
By spiritR
#77108 were there any clicking sounds when you turn and just go out and rebuild it or buy a new one
By Ilovemyegg
spiritR wrote:were there any clicking sounds when you turn and just go out and rebuild it or buy a new one

i took apart the axle and found the knuckles inside the boot were broken. i searched and found that 94+integra axles would work. can someone verify?
By marvinp8700
Ilovemyegg wrote:
spiritR wrote:were there any clicking sounds when you turn and just go out and rebuild it or buy a new one

i took apart the axle and found the knuckles inside the boot were broken. i searched and found that 94+integra axles would work. can someone verify?

on a b-series swap they will