H22A
By i8umup
#75102 well its really not a delima but any way i got my h22a all set up and ready to drop in.got my ecu axles all that good stuff but i still need to buy my mounts. i know everyone has their personal opinions on mounts but im kinda in a money bind at the moment. i know that you pay for what you get.and with that said HASPORT has got to be the best out there but i was ebayin it the other day and found this company i think it was inovative or something like that and they have solid billet mounts as well so any one have these in there ride? if so have you experinced any issues with them that would make me turn away. more than glad for any help in this issue :eh:
By Grimlock989
#75126 I have hasport mounts for my K20 and I haven't had any problems I dealt with hasport with other things and they are just a great group of guys. They are always willing to help. I haven't heard anything bad about innovative mounts. It seems everyone pretty much loves them. Maybe look into the company's costumer service. Just incase you do need to deal with them.
By i8umup
#75251 thanks :thumb: any one else got some input
By dirtygst
#104124 ive been looking into different mounts for the f/h into my sedan too... i found theses
http://www.explicitspeedperformance.net/EGDCH22.html

and they seem pretty decent. i know hasport is the way to go but budget builds cant always get the best and i dont really want to chop and weld a new mount for the tranny. so ill probably be using these in the next few months. ive heard the $100 ebay mounts are hit and miss and usually you have to trim to make it work but no personnal experience so :?
but yeah if you use them and they work let me know
-dustin
By Death_Blooms
#104309 I said f00k it, got some eghey no name mounts. Got them in the mail, pulled the urithane inserts out and put a set of washers in them to make them solid. Ran fine thus far and they've taken a massive beating ;)
By dirtygst
#104714 ^ what ebay mounts did you get? the $100 or the $70 or something a bit more expensive? do you have any pics of the mounts in use?
By i8umup
#104716 i was scared of the ebay mounts cause they are welded i figured they would just snap under torque.i got the inovative mounts that are solid billett like the hasports but without the pricetag i only paid like 350 shipped vs 6 and some change for just the hasports
By ej2rey
#104719 Ebay is the best and your friend if you know how to use it and be patient while looking.
I would buy motor mounys off of ebay myself.
By hondajunkee
#104722 I buy ebay stuff all the time, If i get it and its cheap I take the time to re-enforce it myself before it breaks and causes any damage, but thus far I havent had any problems with egay stuff i have bought
By Death_Blooms
dirtygst wrote:^ what ebay mounts did you get? the $100 or the $70 or something a bit more expensive? do you have any pics of the mounts in use?

Not sure which ones. I just know they're ebay because they don't have the hasport or innovative markings on them.

i8:
Yes, they're welded but that's really no biggie. As long as the kid in the chinese sweatshop had the welder set for the right heatrange and got proper penetration it will hold. I drove mine hard daily for over a year with no issues and will be going back in my car once engine bay work is done
By ninjax68
#110489 hasport = :thumb: in my car....ebay mounts = :thumbdown: in my buddys car ......lol he paid bottom dollar for cheap mounts and kept snappen axles and the motor sat like crap in the engine bay save money dont skimp out by the way both cars i described wer both h22 eg's mine was fully built turbo with no problems my buddy's was a stock N/A h22 with constant problems because of mounts....hope this helps
By SuperTuner12010
#115653 Avids current mounts are great. Iv seen them used in a local shops race car. And they swear by them. And thats a 700hp H22 teg that hasn't broken an axel yet. I acctuasly need to make a thread about that car, If you knew the details of the engine build everyone would trip :lol:

I myself have avids 1st generation mounts and the fitment isnt great, I had to trim the trany mount a bit and oval out the rear hole. Other than that I love them. If I pull the motor again, im going to get a new oem mount, and Avids most recent mounts.

My $0.02