H22A
By elementnblind
#72037 i need some help on picking whether or not to go with a h23 or a b18...can i get some opinions on this? im going to be putting it in a 93 2 door civic
By Gorveatt
#72100 H23 will give more torque, but that's the shitty of the H series motor's go with the B18 it's a much simpler swap
By IntegraDA05
Gorveatt wrote:H23 will give more torque, but that's the shitty of the H series motor's go with the B18 it's a much simpler swap

Depends on which H your talking about. Blue Top H23Vtec would be a Bomb Set Up. Have one of them coming soon. Built Head Stock Bottom End Shitty Ebay Header put down 288HP&180TQ.
Why dont you have the best of both worlds.
H2B FTW!
Chris.
By sdots
#72982 Depends on what you want dude? are you looking for big numbers on the strip, or just a nice race around on the street?

Either engines are pretty good, I've always preferred the B to be honest, the swap is quite easy. Like above the H is gonna give you more tq over the B, however in my experience majority of the tuners here prefer the B because of it's bolt on nature with other bottom ends, heads, trannys i.e. B16 with a B20 bottom end with a DC2 tranny is a good example. Thats my 2 pence anyhoo

all the best