H22A
By Dubcity-EG
#71217 im in the process of finding what engine i want to swap into my 93 hatch. i know the h22 has good horse power and torque, but what about the weight issue in such a small car? and i heard something about switching from hydraulic trans to cable?
By Method
#71252 im on the stock tranny h tranny, i don't know if its hyrdo or cable, i think its cable. everyone always says that h is heavy. its not heavy. its only 40-60 lb heavier then the b engine. it goes well in a hatch.

By Dubcity-EG
#71343 so theres really no handling difference between the h22 and b16/b18's?
By Method
#71372 i've haven't driving a b series car. so i don't know.
By chrono404
#71390 If you are putting an H Series Engine into a 92-95 Civic the mounts will lean the Engine Forward to get it to fit under the Hood. Its good for Drag Racing, If you are doing Rally/Auto Cross a B Series is a better Idea due to where the weight sits.
By Dubcity-EG
#71399 well its not going to be raced it will be my dd but i want something thats going to have power and handle well at the same time.
By chrono404
Dubcity-EG wrote:well its not going to be raced it will be my dd but i want something thats going to have power and handle well at the same time.

Get a good D16 with I/H/E. It will be cheap, have ample power, It will get Good Econemy and handle well to.

to Swap to a B you will have to have at the Minimum the following:
- 94-01 Integra Shift Linkage
- 90-01 Integra B Series Axles
- B Series Engine/Tranny
- B Series ECU(Possibly Run Wires for Vtec and Knock Sensors as well)
- 94-01 Integra or Aftermarket B Series Mounts

If you swap to a H/F/K Series you will have to convert your car to run a Cable Transmission.

If you wont be Racing, A Good D16, Such as a D16z6, JDM D15B, or D16y8, Will probably do just fine for your Spited Daily Driving Needs.

If you will be Racing on top of it. A Turbo or Nitrous D16 is also good fun. However Swapping to a B or H Block would then Make Since. There's no point in having a B/H/K Series if you wont race it, it will just get you worse fuel econemy along with a lighter wallet.
By Dubcity-EG
#71481 yea, what i was originally planning on doing was getting the d15 fully rebuilt and boosting it eventually. But i wasnt really sure what would be best.