H22A
By hatchin06
#63626 Alright guys i found an eg with an h22a in it and he said he just got the motor rebuilt bout a month ago. he said its a jdm h22a from a 98 prelude. BUT he just threw a rod and he has his car for trade. So i called him up got the details from him and he said his guy who built his bottom end will replace the rod. I gave him the info on my car and he said that id have to throw some cash on top. Understandable because i have an sohc. But if he just had his motor rebuilt and he already threw a rod who's to say that it wont happen again when i get it and he lives 2hrs from me and i don't have the time nor money to fix this if it happens again. sorry if this seems like an essay lol. thanks
By hatchin06
#63808 anything?
By -EJ1- COUPE
#64164 i wouldnt get it do your own swap and have no worries
By JDM3StageVTEC
#71014 ^^^ i agree but if ur in a situation like me, i went away for college and my condo place wont allow me to work on cars so i had to trade for an already swapped h22 coupe (even though the car i traded also had an h22 lol) but i say ask him how he threw a rod if the motor was just rebuilt, see what he says and let us know
By teal_dx
#71094 sounds like a hassle to me. I'd wait until I could get a car that was running. Who knows how long it will take this guy he knows to fix your car, or how much he will charge, or what kind of a job he will do :?