H22A
By h22a1eg
#351919 hi eg forum new to this so here it goes
right now im in the process of building my 93 eg si (my first real street car) :woot:')
my plans are to put my crashed preludes h22 into it

so my questions are
1-i have seen some h22 swaps and i keep seeing that there is bad hood clearance issues(not a big fan of lifted hood lol :?') ) is this expected with all h swaps or are there certain motor mounts that can prevent this?
2-the eg has a roll cage in it(used to be a track car that ran low 11s all motor :thumb:'))the cage is a goldish color and i really would like to paint it black (for now since it is going to be my high school daily..anti theft lol) can i just use plasti dip?
3-the interior of the car is fully gutted so no carpet...although i like the metal floor look.... for right now i dont want that attention as much(cali theft problems) can i just spray paint the floor black or will the interior smell like spray paint for ever......are there any other alternatives?

info on any of these questions would be much appreciated :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By h22a1eg
#351921 also i do still have my old prelude carpet (black) should i try installing that carpet just for the mean time
By Leppy
#351930 If you're on tight budget, and want something temporary... They make black duck tape.
By h22a1eg
#351940 Thx for the responses .....as far as that bed liner stuff is there a way to remove it....like maybe paint thinner or something and does it leave a strong long lasting smell like spray paint
By h22a1eg
#351941 ............
By teal_dx
#351945 Get one that is water based and it won't smell as bad. Duplicolor Bed Armor is a water based one. There's no easy way to remove it, you'll just want to put the carpet right on top of it, if you end up installing carpet.
By h22a1eg
#351953 oh ok i get you thanks ill make sure to pick that up
last 2 questions do you think my prelude carpet would fit..... doesnt have to look that nice just want it for now or should i just leave the bed liner there by itself till i have enough for the eg carpet?
and do you know other links were i can find info on the hood clearance issue cant find it on this forum?
thanks for helping me out
By teal_dx
#351956 If you're bored and have time to remove the seats /trim to try to fit the lude carpet, then go for it. I think it will be a little big, since the lude is a bigger car, and the holes for seat rails may not be the same. But if that's what you want to try, then go for it. It would be cheaper than doing the bedliner.
By teal_dx
#351959 As for the clearance, I am pretty sure it depends on the mounts. Some mounts keep the motor a little higher off the ground, helpful for slammed vehicles but bad for hood clearance.
Other mounts will keep the motor from hitting the hood. I believe hasport mounts will keep the motor from hitting the hood. You could always ask them before you purchase.
Also if you want power steering, you'll have to use a PS compressor & bracket from a 97+ Prelude, as the 92-96 will be too high and hit the hood for sure.
By EconoBox
#351961 I haven't had anything else as fun as my H22 swapped EG so here is my advice broken down to answer your interior questions and the swap questions.

1. Interior
-do a roll on bed liner like what has been suggested and then get a set of OEM floormats from your local dealer the black ones for hatches are still available (part number 08P15-SR0-110 MSRP: $57.29) and they will fit perfect in a hatch or coupe. Just throw them in over the bedliner and it looks way better. To make the cage "stealthy" I would put the same bed liner on it or get black roll cage foam from somewhere like summit and it will help cover it up. If you're worried about theft there are plenty of small things you can do to help prevent it. Kill switches, alarm, lojack all of the usual stuff helps or atleast slows them down do some research there is plenty of help on here.

2. Engine
Hasport no longer sells them but I used the Hasport EGH2 mounts in my 4 door EG and did not have to do anything to my hood.
Also not a lot of people with H swaps realize you can use a lot of parts from Hybrid-Racing that are meant for the K swap to cleanly install and H22. I was one of the first to try unsing the Hybrid-Racing short shifter wit h an H22 and since then Hybrid-Racing now has a bracket to let you use the RSX cables. Here are some links that will save you from hacking up the floor to use the god awful prelude shifter.

Bracket:
http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/f-h-series-bracket-to-utilize-rsx-k-series-linkage-cables-and-shifters.html

Bolt in shifter:
http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/hybrid-racing-k-swap-bolt-in-short-shifter.html

Optional shifter cables (You can use stock RSX cables to save money):
http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/hybrid-racing-replacement-shift-cables-for-rsx-and-swap-vehicles-race-version.html

Also for your axles I highly highly recomend investing in a set from Drive Shaft Shop. I tried the "DA" axles thing for a long time and after breaking an axle or both every couple months I went ahead and spent the money to save myself from being under the car every weekend and running to the parts store to warranty them.

If you have any H swap specific questions feel free to PM me I would be more than happy to help out. It will be a lot of fun and reliable if you do it right.
By nickelz34
#352310 Great info here I'm getting ready to drop cash on a h22 swap red top. Thanks for tips!
By EconoBox
#352339 Wait until you get to sit in a car that has that shifter. I had it in my H22 swapped EG and my RSX. I've used the Ktuned billet RSX (And bolt in K swap) and the Hybrid-Racing shifters and the Hybrid one is a very tight precise shift the closest thing I could compare it to would be an s2000. Its extremely adjustable too it allows side to side gate adjustment as well as front to back adjustment. Then you get to adjust the height and position to whatever suits your taste the best. I personally have it straight back and fully extended with their old V1 weighted shift knob it was absolutely fantastic. If you have weak arms it may be hard to shift my ex-wife hated it lmao.