H22A
By gt35civic
#349729 hi guys

i have a h22 in a eg and has a leak at the front of the motor so got new seals and belt to go on so started to pull it all apart

before i started to pull the crank pulley off i noticed it sits close to the cover at the top and not that close at the bottom and the belt has been rubbing on the cover because its that close. when i spin the crank it ran true.

its hard to see in the pics, maybe thats normal and the belt rubbing was just caused from the belt being loose?

so i pulled the pulley off, was nice and tight, i made up a tool to hold the crank, milled down a 30mm nut and welded it to a bit of flat bar that i bent up worked a treat

so does this look all normal? when i first pulled it off i thought maybe it looked like the crank pulley was worn or there was meant to be teeth on the crank side of it but not having a think about it its prob made like that to not get full contact with the crank otherwise it would probably never come off

]Image

]Image

what about this little bit inside that hole before the thread? its sort of like a bit of thread or something like locktight maybe?

cheers
Josh
By HeikDiesel
#351658 Wrong spot Djonyledo. Look in the classifieds