H22A
By civic15
#308365 Running a h22a type s in a 98 civic so i did a obd1 convertion With a p28 chiped and maped ECu and had it running yesterday and obviously i have IACV problem sonce idle goes down and up real fast. So did a reading of the check engine code and the onle one i got is the IACV (code 14) . So did research and found out that my euro R type s has a 3 wire iacv and that i needed to convert it for the 2 wire . Does anyone knows where i could get info on how to change that?
By civic15
#308601 Thanks for your help man but in this case it could not work .. What i had to do is change the complete intake manifold for a obd1 and did the wiring of the iacv with this site : http://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-tal ... es-367068/

The reason you have to change the intake is :

that the obd2 intake had a 3 wire iacv that is not compatible to wire it for a 2wire the only way it to change the intake so you get a 2 wire iacv and you just have to plug it as the site i showed earlier

The 2-wire IACV is a linear solenoid type with a spring and plunger, and the 3-wire is a rotary valve. So there is no way to make them compatible because the 2-wire just needs a simple low side driver to ground but the 3-wire needs an H-bridge driver most likely. So that why you need to change the intake

completely since its not bolt on and the iacv does not have the same patern . After i did that it was working great no more check engine ( code 14 ) .

:thumb: :thumb: 8) :thumb: