H22A
By 92dxeg
#300159 whats the most power someone has seen out of a h22 or h23 has any1 ever seen upper 200s
By chrono404
#300163 Friend of mine has a turbo h22, Forged bottom end, type-s cams and intake mani. 479.8 hp @ wheels

His old h23vtec n/a was stupid fast. It only had a street tune on it and a Tall geared f22 transmission. It still walked all over my b20/b16 tranny delsol and my stage 2 WRX.

the h22's N/A can make upto 220hp from the factory. so you will be able to get pretty good power out of them with bolt ons.

Problem with high hp is you can't easily put your power down, even with an lsd. You will also go through transmissions unless you build one. The above mentioned friend is on tranny #3 in the last year.

If your looking for "Easy" power out of H/F engine, get a F22a out of an early 90's accord, Put in a cam and you will be surprised. Bisimotos build f22a non-vtec did a 9.57 1/4 mile. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCYuVEWd4kw

The f22a is a cheap and undesired engine, however it has one of the best flowing heads honda ever made. cam + turbo and it will be beast. It has strong steal sleeves already. depending on power getting forged/shotpeon rods + new bearings wouldn't be a bad idea but you can have yourself a pretty darn quick car with TONS of torque for not that much cash if you know where to look.

Good luck.
btw rather then just looking into peak hp, look into the torque curve. the better curve it has the more usable power you will have. Thats why a b20 with 130hp will beat a b16 with 180hp given they have the same transmission. Its the torque that moves you forward and if you have alot of it and good gear and it doesn't fall off then that will be way more fun to drive then a peaky hp setup IMO.
By Eg6H2D
chrono404 wrote:Friend of mine has a turbo h22, Forged bottom end, type-s cams and intake mani. 479.8 hp @ wheels

His old h23vtec n/a was stupid fast. It only had a street tune on it and a Tall geared f22 transmission. It still walked all over my b20/b16 tranny delsol and my stage 2 WRX.

the h22's N/A can make upto 220hp from the factory. so you will be able to get pretty good power out of them with bolt ons.

Problem with high hp is you can't easily put your power down, even with an lsd. You will also go through transmissions unless you build one. The above mentioned friend is on tranny #3 in the last year.

If your looking for "Easy" power out of H/F engine, get a F22a out of an early 90's accord, Put in a cam and you will be surprised. Bisimotos build f22a non-vtec did a 9.57 1/4 mile. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCYuVEWd4kw

The f22a is a cheap and undesired engine, however it has one of the best flowing heads honda ever made. cam + turbo and it will be beast. It has strong steal sleeves already. depending on power getting forged/shotpeon rods + new bearings wouldn't be a bad idea but you can have yourself a pretty darn quick car with TONS of torque for not that much cash if you know where to look.

Good luck.
btw rather then just looking into peak hp, look into the torque curve. the better curve it has the more usable power you will have. Thats why a b20 with 130hp will beat a b16 with 180hp given they have the same transmission. Its the torque that moves you forward and if you have alot of it and good gear and it doesn't fall off then that will be way more fun to drive then a peaky hp setup IMO.

I agree completely!!
:thumb:
By 92dxeg
#300246 well i have agsr built high cp bottim end stock b16 head put down 196 and 146 tq on s300 i am building a gsr head on the side i just wanted to see some h22 hp numbers cuz u dont hear much about them for na motors and i like them cuz no one likes them buy me every1 likes k,s but for some reason i like the OG honda big block i would like to hear more about them
By civiceg09
#300249 a prelude with turbo set up did 480 stock internals..

im going to tune mine next week and going for about +-400 .. guy said i can easly do +-500 but i dont want to blow any thing.. ill post my results later
By 92dxeg
#300270 sick does any1 have any na all motor build going on ????
By bigpunn421
#300378 friend of mine has a h22a with a k24 crank and i think k20 rods with s2k pistons. all oem monster torque build. i think its just shy of a 2.5 liter.

mate that with a good set of cams nice tune and a b16 trans and you will have a monster