H22A
By civic15
#299749 Hi i'm looking to change from a B18 to a h22 type S 1997-2001 in my 98 civic hatchback.

i would like to know if i buy the motor support mount kit that you can get on ebay if it will fit in my car bolt on?

also i'm buying a shaft kit that is made for a swap for civic with h22

then is the wiring on the h22 good to put in my hatch or do i have to make one?????
By civic15
#299751 i forgot to ask since my hatch has a drop kit will i have shaft problem? i have a skunk2 drop kit (2 inch)
By civic15
#299920 Just to get more power and have smothing different .. I bought a yonaka motor support kit for h22 in civic 98 but was wondering if i would have to use my torque mounts?
By civiceg09
#299940 if its to have something different go for it.. as for power .. yeah its better but for the money your going to spend you can get more out of the b series..

about the mounts idk .. mine is a 92..and i used hasport, we did use it and need some extra parts to make the motor sit nice and straight.

check out my pics of the process ive been going thru ..
By civic15
#299970 Wow you've done something really nice thanks for sharin i might be repainting my engine bay to ..is the wiring hard to do? And the shifting cable do they have a braket aftermarket to fit them in civics?
By civiceg09
#299988 the wiring isnt that hard but since i did a wire tuck the guy doing my work did it..

shift linkage thats one of the hard parts for me to find .. most of the ones in junkyards are stretched cables.....two times i bought sum on ebay nd both were broken nd they where $150.....
By chrono404
#300017 the above diy is a good start. I would highly recommend the ESP EG/DC H Series mounts. They have a great kit, A few of my buddys have it and love it.

They also have a walkthrough of making a h22 fit into a eg/DC engine bay:
http://www.explicitspeedperformance.net/ESPEGDCHF.html

Good luck. :thumb:
By civic15
#304605 Almost done the swap but Where should i do a hole for the shofting cables and also i have the euro R shift link and i was wondering if i had to do anything to it .. Just to make sure i do i right the first time and do a good job

Civic Andrew
By civic15
#307448 Finaly.. It is almost done just need a p28 obd1 computer also finish wiring my vtech and do my shaft.. I will post pictures as soon as i can if someone needs any help.. Only problem i had was that i bought a cheap no name headers and did not fit at all .. But the YONAKA motor support seem to make my motor sit strait.. Painted my engine bay and cleaned all my part 1 by 1 so thanks guy for your help i made my h22type s look amazing by having your help :
By Eg6H2D
#307532 If im not mistaken recently someone did an H build into an EG and used Hybrid racing shifter cables for K series and the accord shifter box as well. I just skimmed through the article one day ill try and look it up.

:thumb:
By Eg6H2D
By civic15
#308364 Done doibg my h22 swap only thing i can't find how to fix os my iacv code. I have a 3 wire iacv and read that i need a 2 wire if someone know where i can get the info or have personally done it?