H22A
By MRJDM
#285011 Ok i have a h23a bluetop in my eg civic ATM mated with a h series box, with Hasport mounts,
Came across a Cheap QSD h2b kit and i am up in arms now if i should buy it or not as when installing the Hasport mount it required you to cut the OEM transmission mount.
Has anybody done this swap before and what have they done to fix it??
By Eg6H2D
MRJDM wrote:Ok i have a h23a bluetop in my eg civic ATM mated with a h series box, with Hasport mounts,
Came across a Cheap QSD h2b kit and i am up in arms now if i should buy it or not as when installing the Hasport mount it required you to cut the OEM transmission mount.
Has anybody done this swap before and what have they done to fix it??

You have the H swap in yourr car now?? If so like you said you had to cut out the trans base on the frame rail. if you want to go H2B, Now you have to go to honda and get that base mount for the frame rail and have a skilled welder weld it back on to exactly where it was and then go fromt ehre with the H2B kit..

it's the only way unless you get another EG/ Civic and do it

Good luck.. Also the Shifter area.. will need to be rewelded back on and the use of Shift linkages will also need to return..
By mooze
#285278 well you can always just weld extensions to your cut bracket...i would just be sure it is greatly reinforced
By MRJDM
#285377 yes well i have sourced a drill and a grinder,
and now have both parts ready to weld back up this w/e