H22A
By user1
#276431 Just to confirm. I need to replace my driver side axle and the write up states that a 90-93 integ, as is, driver side axle will work with no issues...Another post on the site says I gotta swap the inner snout or something. I, for my passenger side, had to piece an axle together to prevent the tranny leak...can anyone confirm....I don't wanna go through the trouble and realize it won't work. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by user1 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
By Eg6H2D
By user1
EG6b20R wrote:http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=7800

Thank you...that was the write up that states the 90-93 integra axles will work....But another post on this site says i have mix and match the driver side due to the required female connector or somethin....I'm just looking for confirmation that, as is, the integravaxle will work with no issues, leaks, etc.
By RWMIII
user1 wrote:

Thank you...that was the write up that states the 90-93 integra axles will work....But another post on this site says i have mix and match the driver side due to the required female connector or somethin....I'm just looking for confirmation that, as is, the integravaxle will work with no issues, leaks, etc.

The article specifies:

90-93 Integra axles + the inner CV snout of a 94+ Prelude or Accord

Accord(94ish) Driver's side mid shaft

So from the article and personal experience this is what you will need. And if you build it correctly (and use parts as posted) then it will not leak, bind, or pop out of the tranny.(the issues that I assume you are thinking of).
By user1
RWMIII wrote:
user1 wrote:

The article specifies:

90-93 Integra axles + the inner CV snout of a 94+ Prelude or Accord

Accord(94ish) Driver's side mid shaft

So from the article and personal experience this is what you will need. And if you build it correctly (and use parts as posted) then it will not leak, bind, or pop out of the tranny.(the issues that I assume you are thinking of).

Further down states,

Almost done! Just need some axles. As mentioned, I used a 94 Accord driver's side mid-shift. Driver's side axle from a 90-93 Integra(trim package doesn't matter, make sure if you have ABS you get the axle with the ABS ring on it). You will have to make a custom passenger side axle. Cut the CV band off the Integra passenger side axle and remove the snout that goes in to the trans. Take your Prelude/Accord CV snout and put it on the Integra axle with some extra grease.

Is this incorrect...and I in fact need to create a driverside? Once again...appreciate the help!!!!!
By RWMIII
#276486 driver side and passenger side. the driver side will go right into the 94 accord half shaft where the passenger side will be a 90-93 integra axle with the transmission side snout being from a 94+ accord/prelude.
By user1
RWMIII wrote:driver side and passenger side. the driver side will go right into the 94 accord half shaft where the passenger side will be a 90-93 integra axle with the transmission side snout being from a 94+ accord/prelude.

Got it thanks!!!!!
By civiceg09
#277605 going that route is ok but at the end of the day if you dont have the parts its gonna cost u a good buck and its gonna break, if ur building it for urself and plan on keeping it.. get the hasport axles their direct bolt on an good for up to 500hp ..
By user1
civiceg09 wrote:going that route is ok but at the end of the day if you dont have the parts its gonna cost u a good buck and its gonna break, if ur building it for urself and plan on keeping it.. get the hasport axles their direct bolt on an good for up to 500hp ..

I agree and actually was gonna grab the hasports but dont really have the cash to spare. The swap is complete ....but the boot ripped on the driver side.....got the axle brand new for $40. But definitely will be upgrading soon. Thanks